fuel prices

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
hello everyone just like to know whats going on with fuel prices. are they gona go up like before. where i live the unleaded is 99.9 per litre and diesel is 1 pound. thats TOTAL petrol station.

Round here it ranges from 97.9 to 103.9 for unleaded. It is getting stupid again bearing in mind oil still isn't as high as it once was its still farely cheap at the moment and that the budget is set to put the fuel up again another 2p a litre in september. There is no reasonable explanation for the fuel prices at the moment. Its just our politicians being stupid. remember they are 'for the working person' well i'd dread to think what they would do if they weren't for us because they seem to be making a big enough mess of the country.

In reality if they knocked fuel prices down say to 65 -70 pence a litre more people wouldn't worry about filling the cars up so would go out more and spend more, bigger engines would make a come back thus more vehicle purchases all massive contributions to our economy. So short term loss long term gain unlike now. The economy has slowed because of greed and rather than look long term they have a knee jerk reaction and panic which has caused stupid mistakes.

I know I paid 104.9 for Shell V-Power the other day - which sucked!!
It's been going up steadily for the past couple of weeks here in Salisbury, currently at about 97p for Unleaded and 99.9 for Diesel at Shell - which is usually the cheapest place to go to for petrol here

It always seems to go up in the summer, then decline again in the winter... I've stopped caring tbh. Cars are my hobby, so even when its £1.20 i'll still drive a turbo motor :)

Our local Texaco Garage was charging 87p but now it's 100.9 for unleaded and 103.9 for Diesel. It's gone up by just over a penny every week for the last 2 months....It's summer and the tourists are coming....might have to put out the cones again.... :glare:

i was thinking of buy another car but i put that on pause for abit because of fuel prices. where do you think the fuel price will stop 120 per litre unleaded

Oddly enough, I'm beginning to see european mainland prices where diesel is cheaper then petrol.
I noticed this in France last month too!

aoc_france-00007.jpg

Petrol's ridiculously expensive over there!

Where I live it's 102.9 for unleaded and 104.9 for diesel.:(

Not good, but at least I don't have to top up so often, that's what's good with Micra's!:laugh:

You should see the prices here in Portugal. I know England is one of the most expensive countries to buy gasoline, but here it's geting very close to it... We should do a manifestation, worldwide against the burglairs

I'm interested Frank, my 1litre micra gets its MOT tomorrow then its LPG for me!!!!!
Just need some more advice from you on how to get it sorted please.

The more we pay for fuel the nicer a house the MP's can get in Central London.

Why they don't live outside of London and use the Public transport they are always telling us to use? I don't know. Instead they need a house right next to work and a car to drive them there as well.

Around here only 1 place has broken the £1 a litre barriar and that is one of those expensive stations.

Always wondered what is LPG like performance wise?

Modded it's not just power you lose. You will have engine problems because lpg has less calorific (hope it's spelled this way) power and will damage segments. I know this because it was told to me by a mecanic who installs LPG on cars...
Long live gasoline, but not on this prices... By the way i miss old SHELL stations here in Portugal, they were and are the best gasoline. (Y)

Modded it's not just power you lose. You will have engine problems because lpg has less calorific (hope it's spelled this way) power and will damage segments. I know this because it was told to me by a mecanic who installs LPG on cars...
Long live gasoline, but not on this prices... By the way i miss old SHELL stations here in Portugal, they were and are the best gasoline. (Y)

It will be fine on a low power engine like the CGs. Just ask frank, he's done thousands of miles on it.

Frank I want to do an lpg setup on my car D.I.Y style but I don't know what kit I need etc.

Should I get a sequential setup ot get closed loop single point?

I want to do it but need some help getting the right setup.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Frank I want to do an lpg setup on my car D.I.Y style but I don't know what kit I need etc.

Should I get a sequential setup ot get closed loop single point?

I want to do it but need some help getting the right setup.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

mine,s the old basic singlepoint (cheap lol) jobbie jabran, the sequential ones have injector emulators that you have to setup with a laptop i think, and which i would,nt know where to start :wasntme:, the rest is just pipefitting and tankstraps really

So I would see possibly a better economy with the multi point? but then there will be more things to go wrong as well. Would you know anywherew I could get a kit?

I noticed this in France last month too!

aoc_france-00007.jpg

Petrol's ridiculously expensive over there!

It's always been like that on the continent though. Their government's subsidize diesel because it's so many people us it as a fuel. You go to france, and most of the cars you see run on diesel.

And the serious question to why petrol costs so much. There's a few factors. The biggest part of it is fuel duty. Because driving is a necessity in todays modern britain (trains and buses are expensive, dirty, late, and crap), the government can milk lots of money from it, because people are willing to pay it. Then, there's the cost of oil, which, because it's sold in dollars, and the pound is pretty low, although getting better against the dollar, which makes it more expensive. And then, just because the government hates us so much, they whack VAT on the combined amount of petrol, and tax. That's right, you have to pay tax, on tax.

Because of all this, about 70% of the amount you pay for petrol now or something goes to Allistar darling and his little red briefcase, about 25% goes to the oil company's, and about 5% goes to the garage.

It's a very bad system, because it becomes exponential. If the price of oil increases, the tax increases. If this government cared for the 30 million motorists that use the road, then they might consider using all that money from the fuel tax, and VAT, and road tax, and congestion charges, and speeding fines, and parking fines, to make the road system a bit better, but alas no.

So I would see possibly a better economy with the multi point? but then there will be more things to go wrong as well. Would you know anywherew I could get a kit?

i,m not sure jabran, (online ?) mine was from a local (1man) lpg fitter, it cost me a bit more, but he gave me loads of advice, and checked it over afterwards :)

Do these LPG kits work alongside the existing petrol fuel supply? (i.e. switchable) - LPG outlets seem to be quite scarce and running out in the middle of nowhere could be a bit of a problem :(

BG

they usually are auto switching once engine is upto temp but you can manually change between petrol and lpg at your discretion.

Yer most of the newer and more expensive systems let the engine warm up and then switch over. Then you can switch back to petrol to get your extra 10% power if you ever need it :p

you would have to have a way of cutting the petrol suply, i did this on my old landy by fitting an eletric facet fuel pump.

cheers mm, ive been looking into those fuel pumps this morning, an electric pump would also fill the float bowl up without having to flatten the battery cranking it over.

Back