Fuel filter change...Is is easy to do ??

yes its a doddle mate release the filter form its retaining clip,bracket.......remove the 2 fuel pipes,replace with new filter

yes
depressurise fuel system (pull out fuel pump fuse with engine running until runs out of fuel and refuses to start, turn ign off), disconnect lines from filter (may need rag for spillage), hook up new filter, reconnect pump fuse, tuen ign on 3times to prime fuel system, start engine

yes
depressurise fuel system (pull out fuel pump fuse with engine running until runs out of fuel and refuses to start, turn ign off), disconnect lines from filter (may need rag for spillage), hook up new filter, reconnect pump fuse, tuen ign on 3times to prime fuel system, start engine

do i have to do that? the answer above seemed easier:laugh:. how long does it take to run out of fuel ?

Its really not hard to de-presurise the system as state above. it will only take you a few seconds. I personaly dont bother but that doesnt mean that that is the right way to do it.
Edit: I advise you to de-presurise the fuel system before changing the fuel filter :)

unless ya fancy high pressure flammable fuel jetting all over and in ur face :p
it literally takes seconds to depressurise m8

i did this the other day 5 min job including the depresurising just the fuse out from the fuse box next to the wheel (on the right 2nd from the top i think) turn the car on leave it to run it will stall start it again and again till it doesnt start unscrew the clips from the filter pul off the hoses (there may still be some spillage) put in the new ont (there is an in and an out on the filter) screw the clips in plug the fuse back in ,start the car , jobe done :D

Or just use some pipe clamps.

I did this on the side of the road as I was 250 odd miles from home, if your really quick you don't really need to clamp the hoses. You've just got to remember the filter your taking off will still have fuel in it and might #### out everywhere when you come to remove it.

In all fairness, on my K10, there was alot of fuel that wanted to escape. Solution? "Mrs, come here and hold onto this for a minute!!!!!"

Back