where is the fuel filter + issues

• Thread starter wrichardson1999
  • Start date
W

wrichardson1999

Fuel pump and

I'm new to micras, can anyone tell me were the fuel filter is (looked everywhere in the engine compartment) and the fuel pump???

I ain't getting fuel (nadaa) full tank of petrol and starter just spinning (this normally happens when I run it dry, leave it on an incline and don't start it for a week ! lol)

Cheers guys :)

Wayne

Looks like this: http://www.alldiscountautoparts.com/images/products/fuel-filter.jpg

Should be on the right hand side (looking ahead at the car) towards the back..

Sure there aint a better way to depressurize it? You can cut the pipe each time... is there no schrader valve? Then you take the fuse out and run it until it stalls...

And my mechanic said once: you should have at least a 3/4 tank as leaving it with 1/4 or less on an incline messes up the fuel filter... so try keep the petrol level up... easier for the petrol sensor in all.

hi wrichardson1999, ive moved your question to a new thread as it may generate more answers. Unfortunatly panjabi that means half of your reply is linked with the old topic, and i cannot split your reply!

as it's currently not starting would you start by replacing the filter (can the filter actually stop the car from starting?) ? then should I replace the pump if this doesn't work?...

starter motor spins the same with the fuel pump fuse in or out...

How easy is it to replace the pump, is this going to be a messy job?

Cheers guys :slm:

Yea already checked that, same response when turning the key with fuse in or out.... fuse phsyically looks fine

are you getting fuel to the injectors ? pull the pipe off and check, if you aren't then its most likely to be the pump thats faulty.

Back