FS: De-cat (for primary cat)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Its a DIY De-cat, its basically a cat from a micra that ive cleared all the innerds out of.

It replaces the primary cat, and should give 3-5bhp maybe? i dont honestly know.

comes with all the bolts you will need to fit it.

£20, no offers, i cannot come down from £20 due to the price of the bolts from nissan.

I would NOT recommend attempting this mod on a post-2000.

i have tried it and it made a good difference, about the same as a janspeed 2nd decat.

its the 1st cat i tried it on, i mean the performance increase is about the same as what you get when you put a janspeed 2nd decat on. that kind of difference. maybe even a bit more performance it sounds really "breathy" not loud.

goldstar0011 said:
Does it make exhaust louder?

sorry i dont know, i never got as far as putting it on my car :(

id imagine it'd make more difference if the 2nd cat was also removed but again i really dont know!

gotta apologise here though, I guess am still a sleep cause it clearly says primary CAT and I was reading about doing that to a secondary CAT I thought I was! Sorry

tbh it dont make any difference, im sure manifold cat is primary as its the first cat the exhuast gasses come to....

more to the point, anyone intrested in this?? :S

Do you know if its the same as a k10 cat? I think its 3 bolts at the bottom and 5 or 6 at the top? Got any pics?
Cheers

two bolts (with springs) at the bottom and 5 on top.. i can get pics but im betting its different :( will upload pics in a couple of mins...

edit: uploaded.

179144b11b63c0e02.jpg

179144b11b68be743.jpg

179144b11b6d5f389.jpg

ooh and not forgetting: the 'geniune nissan' springie bolt things!

179144b11c23a3945.jpg

Back