front wipers stopped working, and are constantly blowing the fuse help!!!

as title. little information it blew the fuse 2 weeks ago, it happened again today so i replaced the fuse and when i turned ignition on blew the fuse. ive tried 4 fuses at the correct ampage and as soon as i turn the key it just blows.

any help?? got a 200 mile round trip on thursday and dont fancy if i get caught in rain

havent tried that frank. i suspect its getting a surge or maybe a wire is shorting out but looking at the motor and wiring everything looks good. i thought maybe a relay may have blown but i dunno which one is the wiper relay or if it would effect it.

alright frank, unplugged the motor and the fuse doesnt blow, plug it back in and it blows instantly.

do you think a new motor is on the cards?

what do you mean by intermitent?
they were working fine but would stick about 6 inches from the botttom if on for a long time?

intermittent ones have a dwell function on the 1st position (10 secs, or whatever) and an extra box next to the motor (pre-face)

"O"
but if the guy in the scrap yard was right , roaming around scratching his head with a little computer chip looking thing in his hand calling it the wiper controller , as i told him the pre face ones are where abouts

I had a look around in my garage mate, couldn't find one anywhere :(. Only managed to find washer jets and a rear wiper motor

Back