Fuse for rear lights blowing

Hi guys,
New driver here, my micra is my first car. I recently installed a subwoofer in my boot and ever since then the fuse for my rear lights blows, sometimes it blows when the lights are turned on and sometimes it will blow as soon as I try to put it in. I’m assuming it’s something to do with my wiring but I can’t seem to see what it is that’s shorting/overloading the system.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I could try.

Thanks in advance

I highly suspect you have caused a short to earth somewhere on the positive supply for the lights, maybe a screw or something is pinching or poking through the wiring down to the bodywork somewhere. Check the new fasteners and all the places disturbed by fitting any new stuff.
If it definitely blows fuse without lights on then your short is before the switch, if only when lights on could be anywhere all the way back to the lights.
Which lights? Tail lights, brake/stop etc and which fuse? may narrow it down if you have a drawing

I highly suspect you have caused a short to earth somewhere on the positive supply for the lights, maybe a screw or something is pinching or poking through the wiring down to the bodywork somewhere. Check the new fasteners and all the places disturbed by fitting any new stuff.
If it definitely blows fuse without lights on then your short is before the switch, if only when lights on could be anywhere all the way back to the lights.
Which lights? Tail lights, brake/stop etc and which fuse? may narrow it down if you have a drawing
It’s just the tail lights. The fog lights and break lights are still working. My plan is to just take the wiring for the sub out and then reinstall it more carefully again and see if that makes a difference

Shot in the dark this.

but is there any water/moist in the boot or around the fuse box?

My mates micra had a fuse issue and it was caused by damp/wetness around it.

Cognrats on your first car/micra k11 good choice!

Mine is a CVT Version (cba with the manual lol)

Back