from injection to carb....CG10/13

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
The carbs can be made to sit where the TB is first of all, and plumbed up.

The injector rail gets removed and blanked off.

Just some few questions.... how does the engine know when and how to ignite with the carbs?

I understand the carbs will throw feul and air mixture in, but how will the engine know when to spark and start combustion?

manifold can stay the same etc... i have missed loads of info anyone can fill in any gaps. appreciated thanks

surely the engine just sparks the way it always done because of the dizzy? Its not ECU controlled is it?

why would you want to go from injection to carbs? its like going from round wheels to square ones.

he wants power gains though,thats why i asked why carbs when they have been replaced by a better system

because i image they would be quad carbs, rather then a single throttle body. Allowing much more air into the cylinders.

(Y)

not sure how the ignition works.... on this matter once i get my head around shoudnlt be too much bother. Just playing around at the mo bit of fun for a cheap k10 project

carbs car be used to make alot of power carbs, a strengthend crank some cams and alot of revs your talking 140BHP+ you would need an ignition only ECU the car runs a dizzy but that only opens a gate so to speak of time when the spark can be turned on the ECU decides the precise time..

RIK said:
why would you want to go from injection to carbs? its like going from round wheels to square ones.

Thats what people said about GM's LS1 (Gen III v8) - except it was about the whole pushrod idea.

FUnnily enough it worked extremily well for quite a few reasons related to the 'old style' technology.

Then Chrysler went back in time and revived their HEMI technology...

Old school doesnt always mean its bad. :D

you wont pass an mot though, if regard to ignition, the ecu can be bodged to work, but its dodgy! some of the rally lads use it though!!!!!

go for ignition only ecu

i do agree though, for me i wouldn't ditch fuel injection

The Omex 100 series is ignition only, but I'm with pete here, keep injection it can produce more power and be refined better.

i was just messing around with a spare engine and some carbs i have just thinking how to mix and match them etc.

Back