CG10 modifying engine and suspension

Hi, im pretty fresh to this forum so bare with me.
Im looking into getting a K11 Micra with a CG10 non coilpack engine for a first time road car. So im looking for some advice on mods as to where to get them or what brands to get etc. The cheaper the better!

So after doing some reading ive picked up on the following modifications ive seen you guys recommend a bit.
- 1.3 Inlet Cam
- Bigger air box or pod filter (more info on this please which do you think is better and what airbox fits)
- Upgraded exhaust system from manifold back (leave your recommendations)
- 4-2-1 Manifold (leave your recommendations)

So thats the list i can make out but has anyone got any more ideas for engine modifications? Basically, i don't want to go and blow a hole in my pocket for small improvements. What about things like different carbs etc? Give me your tricks of the trade for more horsepower!

And moving onto suspension and brakes, what do you guys recommend for shocks and springs?
and also whats a cheap brake calliper upgrade that i can still use 13'' or 14'' wheels? Also throw out those ideas.

My objective is to have a little pocket rocket. I want to have a good handling car with plenty of get up and go for its engine. I might end up bringing this car to some trackdays for some fun every once and a while also.

Regards
Declan

1.6 Almera calipers are direct fit under 14" rims, and iirc '95-'97 1.4 almera calipers and vented discs fit under 13" rims if that helps

1.6 Almera calipers are direct fit under 14" rims, and iirc '95-'97 1.4 almera calipers and vented discs fit under 13" rims if that helps
yes dude that does help cheers! Do the brake hose fittings or anything need to be changed to fit them?

Also forgot to add, what is required to do a rear disk brake conversion?

Use the stock micra hoses no issue. Rear disc brake means new handbrake cable and rear axle from an ABS fitted K11. Matt Humphries Oxford sells conversion kits for the non ABS axle but its ££££ (which is why although I have almera rear discs I haven't attempted to fit). The stock rear drums aren't exactly a weak point though so more for bling than any performance gain (fronts do like 70% of the braking eh).

Use the stock micra hoses no issue. Rear disc brake means new handbrake cable and rear axle from an ABS fitted K11. Matt Humphries Oxford sells conversion kits for the non ABS axle but its ££££ (which is why although I have almera rear discs I haven't attempted to fit). The stock rear drums aren't exactly a weak point though so more for bling than any performance gain (fronts do like 70% of the braking eh).
Thats the thing, i might even consider buying a donor 1.3 facelift k11 considering you would find one needing tlc that would be perfect as a donor. Do the facelift versions have abs axels? Could i just do a transplant from that? I know i won't get outstanding advantages but from my point of view a calliper is always a better job than a drum.

Also, has anyone got any links to some class 4 autograss micra engine builds? Used to go to autograss events and the class 4 micra's when built right are one quick car!

Only the VERY late facelifts had it, and even then it was an optional extra. ABS rear axles are like hens teeth.

Also, drums suffer more from heat but they have MUCH more biting force making them better for handbrake turns ;) The drum vs disc rear is a long standing argument, but I'll say I've never heard anyone on here moan that their rear brakes aren't up to the job!

Only the VERY late facelifts had it, and even then it was an optional extra. ABS rear axles are like hens teeth.
Haha crazy! As far as chassis bracing goes, ill have a crack at that myself or get a fabricator i know of over here to make a custom one as he's very handy.
Anyone any suggestions for more grunt and/or better handling mods other than what ive said above?

Back