Cisco Sells Blue Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
oh my god.... if any of you know, cisco's australian "blue monster" micra is probebly the best engineered and quickest CG13DE engined micra in the world.....

and he sold it..... yesterday.....:glance:

i am very upset at the ending of a chapter of micra history.,....

after all....his car is the only reason i baught a micra in the first place....

just hope to new owner can handle all 220BHP of the thing.....:laugh:

yeah... the very rare gold wheels?...lol yeah thats it...

no one knows yet... but i just read it on cisco's site...
think its about £9K.......bout the same as a second hand WRX scooby....

lol

only much rarer and faster....lol

I dont think i've actually seen his car. Can someone post some pictures here?

blue-monster3.jpg

blue-monster7.jpg

power-torque.jpg

or visit.... http://www.micra.com.au/blue-monster.php

antony_aiken said:
probebly the best engineered and quickest CG13DE engined micra in the world.....
Not for long ;) Though I spose that the CGA3DE is not technically the same engine..

Also whats up with the torque curve. Something is either wrong with the print outs/values or its just plain wrong.

lol..... i suppose youll have to give us a passenger ride from hell when its done.. (even if the owner doesnt know ...lol)

antony_aiken said:
i am very upset at the ending of a chapter of micra history.,....

Hows it the end?
He sold it not crashed it, the person who bought is is more than likely to sign up to sites for support and advice.

The torch was passed really

lol... what i meant was that cisco wont be having a micra any more...lol

yeah the guy that baught it was one of the first members of cisco's site... so has allready had micra's for about 7 years anyway....

ah well.......... something to let mine live up2 then..

i was gonna post this up this morning but never bothered lol.

wonder if the new owner has further plans for it.

LoL his car was always off the road he hardly ever used to drive it. Most of the time it was getting work done to it, or he would be angry because something wasnt done as he wanted etc etc.

He did set the path which many followed though, respect to him for that.

Konig Helium.

They weigh 10.8 pounds each... Very light.

They're kinda similar to the Volk CE28 i think?

Ed said:
Not for long ;) Though I spose that the CGA3DE is not technically the same engine..

Also whats up with the torque curve. Something is either wrong with the print outs/values or its just plain wrong.

When i first saw those dyno sheets I thought it looked a bit weird as well (power has a really tight spread, looks like the sort of dyno graph a turbo motorbike engine would make - not a 4 cylinder 4 stroke stroker design engine!) but i am more used to seeing fairly straight NA graphs as thats what I'm interested in so yeh I dunno really. Those graphs were also made with a T25 that was being pushed beyond its operating efficiency (it died not long after that dyno run!) and it now has in its place a T28.

Remember that his power figures are taken at the WHEELS on a chassis dyno, unlike most of the dyno solutions in the UK. :) Factor in a 20% power loss (thats being conservative too) through the gearbox and you're quite easily looking at a 180kW engine.

I suggest you convert NM into lb/ft and post the results here. I think you be in for a shock as they are totally impossible. This car has a power band of some 1500 rpm if your being kind, it would be very non responsive. As soon as you hit power you would need to change gear again and be out of the power.

I'm not going to dig into the nitty gritty of it. Its not my car and its not cisco's car anymore and I'm not sure if the new owner would like us to be picking apart the 'flaws' in the dyno sheets. I think thats fair anyway.

I'd like to see the car placed on a dyno which isnt operated by the workshop which tuned the car.. :)

so what?... your saying that after 7 years.... and countelss upgrades...... that his dyno sheets are fake?...

get real...

although i reckon that the decimal place is in the wrong possition on the torque graph

antony_aiken said:
so what?... your saying that after 7 years.... and countelss upgrades...... that his dyno sheets are fake?...

get real...

although i reckon that the decimal place is in the wrong possition on the torque graph

Why not? Some tuners here have been known to spin a little #### to make their work look good.

The dyno people must have screwed up or put the totally wrong scale on the torque.

Lets pick 5000 RPM. According to that torque curve that is 800NM.

800NM = 589.97LB/FT of torque, not even 600bhp Evo's make this.

Its not a decimal point error either:

80.0 NM = 58.99LB/FT less than a normal CG13DE

When you take the peak value of 898.5NM this is 662.61 lb/ft - again complete nonsense.

Since the power graph appears to be ok, even if way too little midrange, it doesnt make sense how the torque curve is so nonsense.

Yom, it was power tested on a dynapack hub dyno as I'm sure your aware, these dont suffer tyre losses, and as a result 20% is WAY off the mark for transmission losses, its more likely to be 12-15% at MOST.

antony_aiken, I would recommend that before you spout of comments towards me such as "get real" you do a bit of basic learning about how to read power graphs correctly, and what is possible from certain capacity engines.

I don't understand the dyno graphs either, but I can tell you that driving the car from Canberra to Sydney was awesome. The comes on boost from 3000rpm and is pulling hard between 4000-7900rpm. Below 4000 is like driving any normal N/A micra, above this it just goes ballistic. In low boost it dies a bit changing from 2nd to 3rd. I haven't had a chance to do a full test as yet.

Seriously good luck with the car, if you do anything in the future I'd consider a smaller turbo, get in some midrange torque. Youll find it so much nicer to drive and do it right and you will not loose any top end at all.

I actually love the current setup of the car, as you can dawdle along below 4000 without attracting any attention, no plans for any mods at this stage just going to enjoy Ciscos handy work.

sorry ed... didnt mean to annoy you........(although i seem to do it quite easily) lol

no hard feelins hey?

i was havin a bad day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back