fmic off standard 1 back on

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i have decided to put my standard top mount intercooler back on as i am only gonna be running the standard ht10 turbo not gonna upgrade for a bigger 1 so i have put i back to standard... so bolt on front mount intercooler system anyone. 2 hours id say and its in.. any offers?(Y)

i have decided to put my standard top mount intercooler back on as i am only gonna be running the standard ht10 turbo not gonna upgrade for a bigger 1 so i have put i back to standard... so bolt on front mount intercooler system anyone. 2 hours id say and its in.. any offers?(Y)

:laugh: Why ?

i just thought running the standard turbo i am it might be better lag wise with standard cooler on there and it is mate. i would have kept it on there but mine being an auto aswell i need the fast spool up off the mark i think.

i just thought running the standard turbo i am it might be better lag wise with standard cooler on there and it is mate. i would have kept it on there but mine being an auto aswell i need the fast spool up off the mark i think.

Fair enough dude

must admit engine bay looked loads better before with all the pipework on . i think im gonna get some of the original parts anodised to spruce them up abit dude. that guy about the piston rings tryed to phone me but i missed his call i will see if i can get hold of him tomorrow 4 you baz.(Y)

must admit engine bay looked loads better before with all the pipework on . i think im gonna get some of the original parts anodised to spruce them up abit dude. that guy about the piston rings tryed to phone me but i missed his call i will see if i can get hold of him tomorrow 4 you baz.(Y)

Yeah that look alot better standard alright love the way the airbox has Nissan in raised lettering.

Thanks man for that

i just wanna weld mine up properly, could probly get my hands on a mig easy enough but that and stainless i can't imagine being much fun. Looks like ima have to beg borrow or steal a TIG and do it properly!

my spare engine came with almost everything in the engine bay except UFO, tmic and vac canister but the rest is there... mad

Probably not a bad idea, man. I'll have to go fmic eventually but I live in a much hotter climate than you...otherwise I'd probably stick with the top mount...sucks that you can't put a water spray on it coz of where its placed but you can get a gas cooler, not sure if they are much good though, I've never known anyone to try one out...but it may be worth checking out, usually by about the third power run your power will start to drop off with the top mount.

yes i know what you are saying when i am driving the car now its a lot faster off the mark as i am running the car at 1 bar on sc and 1 bar on the turbo so with the top mount there is hardly any lag.
but on the other hand i think when i get up to 80mph it does not pull as hard say up to a 100mph as it did with the fmic.
im in two mines now what to do ha ha its all 1 big learning curve.

Question .. on the throttle as you open up to full throttle there is a metal stopper on the linkage is the stopper meant to hit the cast stopper on the eccs or stop about 10mm before it on full throttle? hope this makes sense to someone...

Back