turbo on 1 litre

at work the other day and was bored so was thinking if i could put a turbo on my car. i know id probably break summat on the engine but if i was to upgrade the following:

fuel system
ignition system
cams
pistons(possibly)
head gasket to a stronger one(possibly)
clutch

and if u was to run the turbo at say 3psi or somethin

maybe just maybe u wouldnt blow it to pieces!

and i know how superchargers work but how do they fit to your engine?

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
The supercharger works off a belt attached to the crank pully. Obviously, the crank pully is turning constantly, thus forcing the air in via the supercharger.

You would probably be able to only run it on 0.5 bar standard boost. You would DEFINITELY need a stronger headgasket.

Forgot to say, the Supercharger kicks in quicker than a turbo. You can get boost at about 2500rpm.
-Elliot

ermmmm am not after a better top end really i want better acceleeration, so i super charger would be best! would have to be changed for that from the list in first post

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
given the choice, i would say that it makes MUCH more sense to buy a 1.3, seriously dont bother witha 1.0T or a 1.0SC no need, a 1.3 with 500 pounds worth of exhaust n filter will see the same results im sure.

Dave

whats a 1.0sc. i just think having a 1litre turbo would be diffenrent!

what else can i do to get more acceleration?

iv read on ere that puttin 1.3 cams on makes difference.
as they my next mod as long as they do acctually make a difference.
and a straight threw decat but with standard back box on for time been

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: turbo on 1 litre

hughes_16v said:
whats a 1.0sc. i just think having a 1litre turbo would be diffenrent!

1.0 supercharged, yeah would be different, but i think dave is trying to say not worth the money. as a 1.3 with full exhaust + filter would give same result :) aswell as being cheaper all round inc insurance.

but hearing a BOV every gear change would be nice :D

oh so i cant just put 1.3cams on and them do a good job, i have to have a re-map.

damn it. when my dad goes on holiday i will swap his 1.6primera engine with mine n give him the 1ltr. he wont realise lolololol

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
sorry for confusing, don't know if remap deffo needed just thought it would be the next step in helping with accel after cams :)

oh after cams,sorry i fort with cams.iam hopefully gettin the cams soon and also goin to get my bumpers colour coded. then when i get back from turkey in september its gettin a 1.6tb,remap, 1.6 injectors etc......

ok il pm him.

i have an induction at the min, iam goin to get a striaght threw de-cat as i no a place that will just weld a pipe on n take cat and silencers out.and cams soon. any1 else know a few cheap options i could go for.i dont want to take the easy way out with a bigger engine yet i want to squeeze everyy little bit from the 1 litre

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
seriously by the sounds of what you are doing just for acceleration. you could buy a 1.3 engine. i just bought one with 70k+ miles on it for 150. thats cheaper than the decat ur looking to get. and would massivly imprve the acceleration more than the decat would the swap is very easy. seriously best bet is 1.3 cheapest mod u will ever do imo.

also strip out the car
earth the thremo housing and alternator + battery with better earth. make sure the tyres are correct inflation. all these help the engine out.

R

RIK

quickdraw said:
also strip out the car
earth the thremo housing and alternator + battery with better earth. make sure the tyres are correct inflation. all these help the engine out.

i have stripped out my car as much as poss it does make a difference,

also were can u get better earths from or wuld i have to make one up? and how does this make better acceleration?

i dont really wana strip it out as i need the seats for when i go out with friends etc......

and insurance would be to much as of now.

all tyres are inflated right as well.
wots the average 0-60 on a 1.3

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
With a few mods you cvan easy get ,10 seconds wit ha 1.3.
Better earths, just use thicker, maybe amp, cabling