Back on foot!

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Well the K10 has gone in for its engine transplant, MA12 and 5 speed box, should have it back on friday but if there are any problems i cant see that happening!

The gearbox has been rebuilt and is looking very shiny! :p
The engine was being stripped when i was leaving, to be checked over and its getting a new timing belt, oil, filter, fan belt, and anything else it may need!

I cant wait to get it back, its only gone for 4 hours now and i already miss it like mad! Im too dependant on my car, id hate to think what would happen if i was told im not allowed drive any more!

So i just thought id let you all know whats happening!

cool, good luck with yours, im sure yours will be a lot easier, i have an ecc engine to worry about getting to run with a non ecc car!
Its crazy, were getting the same job done at the same time! What are the odds!
I'm dying for the change, i was considering getting another car, something japanese over the summer, but depending on how this transplant goes i might not want to, the micra might suffice for a while. I'll eventually want more power and go for another car, but the micra is stayin forever!

Best of luck with your transplant, keep me updated about how you get on and what its like to drive, we've both been driving 1 litres for ages, so we'll be the same when we get our 1.2's!

why you having the transplant kev? you not happy with your standard ma10 with its 0-60 time of 10 seconds?

:p

because i want to get into the 7's :p

I got the car back and its quite a bit faster, the accelerator is much more responsive in 3rd gear than the Ma10, and the 4th gear is as responsive as the 3rd gear from the MA10.
I got the whole lot stripped down and rebuilt, including the gearbox, which by the way is so smooth now!

My clutch is now stiff though, my old one was as light as a feather! Its not rock solid, but its definitly a change!

I tried it out in my mates really long driveway, got to 85 no bother, then the driveway ran out so had to stop! Oh, and the exhaust sounds so sweet now! Getting lots of backfire and a much deeper rumble!

Im going to try for a rough 0-60 soon, try record it and see about posting the vid here...

How did u get on dan?

kev_mono72 said:
Im going to try for a rough 0-60 soon, try record it and see about posting the vid here...

why? we all know what a 0-60 in 12 seconds from a standard ma12 looks like!

Aint finished it yet mate. Its kinda half way through and due to the weather I ant had chance to do anything else to it yet... I will let ya know when its done though. :D

Ah, i see! I got a rev counter for mine this morning, a nice big chrome one with a shift light built into the dial. It also has a blue backlight which is nice! It cost me 100 euro and took me almost an hour to fit as i was making sure what i was wiring it to were the right wires and also figuring out places to connect the backlight to, in the end i decided the ciggy lighter, just spliced into those wires! I still have to tidy some of the wires up under the dash, but it looks great!

Ok, got the MA12 in today, started to rain and was getting dark so left it at that. but all that really needs doing now is gear linkage connecting back up, then manifolds, etc putting back on. Nearly there hehe. :D

Cool, i noticed a problem with mine there tonight, when i put it in reverse my reverse lights dont come on, they must have forgot to connect it back up or something. Does anyone know how to fix this so i wont have to be going bak down to them for sumthing as simple as plugging one wire into another??
Thanks!

do your brake lights work ok? if they don't either change the fuse, that should sort it all out.

Check your Haynes for the location of the reverse switch, it's somewhere on the back of the gearbox at the bottom. It could be worn, mine had to be built up with solder, or they might not have connected it as the coonnector blocks from the 2 engines were different in some places.

Well the rest of my rear lights work except the 2 reverse ones, they worked before i sent the car in, so the connection at the lights themselves wouldnt have been touched. Ill check the fuse then have a look to see if there are any dangling wires hanging around the gearbox.
Thanks for your help!

Back