Flasher Relay in Micra K12 (year 2004) 1.4 ccm

Hello everybody !

This is my very fist post on this forum. :)

Now straight to the question: Can someone tell me where`s the Flasher relay in Micra K12 - (year 2004) ? Issue is, that after replacing normal direction indicator bulbs with LEDs all of the indicators are flashing much faster. I presume root cause is the lower voltage causing lower resistance in the circuit. I could replace the flasher relay with a special one for led lights, however I don`t know how to find it ... :( For any hint would be happy.

Thanks for replay ! This forum is actually the most informative I saw.

I got also this idea: Some cars (not my K12) have a sensor, that produces an error of damaged bulb if the resistance in the circuit drops e.g. when normal bulbs are replaced with LED ones. There`re many of LED bulbs advertised as the can-compatible, preventing "bulb error" to be generated. I`m not sure, but are those can-bulbs simply with resistors built in to increase the resistance in circuit ? Would they solve the problem without removing headlamp ?

They are usually smd bulbs,i have those in my k12s sidelights and have had no probs with errors. But thats a static light. Also smds are not quite the same as led as its like a chip board that illuminates rather than bulbs or diodes

Thanks for replay again. I`m a noob in things like fitting resistors on my own :(. I tested also LED bulbs advertised as "can-compatible" hoping they can produce higher resistance in the circuit. I was wrong, they have no resistors built in. So everyone who`s about to buy them - just don`t. But you made a valid point here about the flasher relay. There are some standard relays offered for LED flashers. Based not on the resistance, but time signal. Trouble is I cannot find any scheme that describes the relay box under the front light, where the flasher relay is placed. So basically I found 4 types of relays: with 2, 3, 4 and 5 pins. Have however no clue which one is the K12-compatible :confused:

Attachments

• 2 pin.jpg
    2 pin.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 893
  • 3 pin.jpg
    3 pin.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 4 pin.jpg
    4 pin.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 621
  • 5 pin.jpg
    5 pin.jpg