K12 Micra Fault Codes - Powertrain P0037 P0107 P0113 P0444

Hello all,

I am really hoping someone is able to help. I have 4x fault codes showing on my 2003 K12 Micra; 1x has been there for a week or so, the other 3x appeared today.

The codes are:
P0037 - Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Low
P0107 - MAP/BARO Circuit Low Input
P0113 - IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input
P0444 - EVAP Emission Control System Purge Valve C Open

I presume a single filter/sensor is triggering the bottom 3x fault codes as strange for all these issues to come about at the same time?

I have tested the vacuum solenoid valve by connecting 12v to it and i can hear it clicking. I have also blown air through the holes and the valve has worked as expected. The solenoid is not leaking air. I measured 10v coming from the connector that plugs into the solenoid, with the car battery on 12.5v.

I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced the camshaft, crankshaft, coolant temperature sensors. The oil and liquid levels are good.

I did notice the intake seals at the back of the engine block look a little worn and could probably do with renewal - i do not know if this is likely to be a cause of the error codes i now have?

I have had a few issues with the car in the run up to these fault codes. These issues are:
- Struggling to start in the cold weather - needing multiple attempts and some throttle to get it started; although when i remove the breather hose from the vacuum solenoid to the air intake on top of the engine, this seems to help it turn over, then reapplying the hose.
- the past day or so the engine has completely cut out whilst driving - no juddering etc, just a calm shutdown. If i turn the ignition, it comes back to life.
- occasional rough idle - sometimes at a standstill the engine almost stalls itself and i need to give it a bit of gas to keep it turning over. There are no issues with driving.
- my coolant temperature light stays on blue for long periods of time and goes off and comes back on at various intervals during driving, sometimes it does not go off. I have a replacement thermostat, but have not yet installed this. I am hoping this cures this issue.

Please, is anyone able to shed some light as to what might be going on here? I am not 100% on what the fault codes are trying to tell me, but have tried to figure them out as best i can.

May I suggest common electrical fault sources that are well known to the K12 in the public domain all of the multiple sensor codes such as low voltage & corroded fuse links, wire connectors & common earth faults as where to focus inspect, test & assess as follows?

“01-05-2011:

But worth checking the small fuse box located behind the radiator near to the battery. One of the fuses in that box supplies the fuel injection system. Road dirt and moisture can enter the fuse box resulting in corrosion and overheating of the fuel injection fuse. Simply cleaning the contacts and renewing the fuse might solve the problem of misfiring/cutting out.

03-03-2012:

Notorious fault is severe corrosion of the fusible link holder, which is situated underneath the nearside headlamp unit. Rated at 30 amps, this piece of cheap and nasty, plastic framework (costing £64.97 ) suffers from very poor design of the waterproofing housing which results in moisture build-up inside the housing.”

Nissan Micra (2003 – 2010) Review | Honest John

Search the Good/Bad & What to watch out for sections

Good will hunting :)

Last edited:
Back