First post...immobiliser

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
Hi All
First post so appologies if this has been covered a 1000 times ( i did a search and couldnt see what I am after).
Background:
We used to be a 1 car family, girlfriend loved her clio and was all we needed.
A few weeks time she is going to be the happy owner of a Renault Wind, which is a 2 seater and hopeless for me when I need to move kit about.
So I bought a 95 K11 1.0 LX as a run about, she was horrified until she drove the thing and now loves it!
Unfortunately it only came with 1 key and one immobiliser fob, I see no problem getting another key cut but anywhere I can get another immobiliser which wont cost more than the car?!!

This forum helped me out within 20 minutes of finding it on other stuff so I was a paid up member before the end of the day when I got it! Good work all.

hi vitus (Y)
i think the fob type nats is nats 1 which does,nt reside in the ecu (you lucky chap :grinning:)

So would you know where I pick up a replacement and can this be easily programmed?

Many thanks.

i believe its the same system as the rovers of that era (my old super s one packed up and it was bypassed easily) ebay search ? or local locksmith ?

Cheers Frank, its good to know it can be bypassed if it starts to cause issues. Would you know if replacements are easy to programme - I have seen "turn ignition 6 times in 10 seconds and then press...." would this work on this system?
Thanks once again...

Back