Intermittent Window Wiper Malfuntion (First Post)

Hi Everyone! ths is my first in need of good advice post. So i just bought my Micra today a K11 1.0 Shape .. so far so good but first thing i need help withis the window wiper . I'm not sure if its the Relay or Motor but the wipers work fine on steady wipe and full speed wipe, but on intermittant it stops halfway up the winscreen and wont move until i forceably move the stick again its like its stuttering, it also does it when thw washer suqunce is on and i have to again hold thw wiper stick down utill its at normal rest. Can anyone tell me where to find the relay swtich (presuming its that) or is it the motor?

Mine did this the other day when my battry was a bit flat, I charged it up and it worked again, if this fails check your fuses I think i changed one carnt really remember :oops:

Hope this helps

Guys/Gal's if you subscribe to my Youtube channel I'll start uploading Video's of work or problem's with my Micra Channels is Tambo74 just like that thanks peep's

Ok Just been to the scrappy and guy say's it was the motor and that controls the intermittent function on the wipers.. Paid 20 quid (Rip-off) went home fitted the motor and hey presto..Still Malfunctioning.. Dam scrappy . i knew the motor wasn't the problem.
So my guess now is its the Wiper Stalk switch at the wiper control, either that or the relay fuse..
But if it was the relay fuse wouldn't i have other problems too?

intermittent pre-facelifts have the relay/box alongside the motor eh, and facelifts dont, and they have a different motor

intermittent pre-facelifts have the relay/box alongside the motor eh, and facelifts dont, and they have a different motor
So it could still be the motor but just a different motor.. Hmm anyway heres my first video of the car and explaination of Problem. (WARNING: May contain a wee scotch man)

Hi Everyone! ths is my first in need of good advice post. So i just bought my Micra today a K11 1.0 Shape .. so far so good but first thing i need help withis the window wiper . I'm not sure if its the Relay or Motor but the wipers work fine on steady wipe and full speed wipe, but on intermittant it stops halfway up the winscreen and wont move until i forceably move the stick again its like its stuttering, it also does it when thw washer suqunce is on and i have to again hold thw wiper stick down utill its at normal rest. Can anyone tell me where to find the relay swtich (presuming its that) or is it the motor?
Ok so after a thorough read at this post i think you have the answer to my Intermittent problem polly.
You see i have the same problem this chap had but my K11 Micra is a Pre Face-lift model, so i thinks it must be the square black box adjacent to the wiper motor.
Thing is i wonder if i can go to the scrapyard and snip the wires off an old micra and re-wire using connectors or crimps style and that hopefully solver the relay problem?
The only other thing about it is my micra doesn't have a rear wiper, so would it matter if i took the black relay fuse off an old micra (Pre-facelift) and swapped it over if the old micra has a rear wiper? i.
I know the problem is with my front wipers but the two pre-facelift models i saw today at the scrapyard were rear window wiper ones..and they were automatic gearboxes.
Hmm i dont want to confuse things but i basically just need to swap that black relay box over and that will solve the intermittent problem?

Yeah its that square black box with the wires going into it right next to the wiper motor.
So can i just swap one over from a scrapped micra? , and does it have to be a micra with no rear wiper like mine? or is that a separate relay / motor alltogether?

Yeah its that square black box with the wires going into it right next to the wiper motor.
So can i just swap one over from a scrapped micra? , and does it have to be a micra with no rear wiper like mine? or is that a separate relay / motor alltogether?
you could try one yes :)

Back