2 K11s into 1, great first post!

Hello chaps, well its not that interesting really but more of a cry for help.

I have just bought a rotten 1.3 LX 5dr M plate, electric windows, central locking, rear curtesy light in the boot etc.

I have also bought last week and immaculate little 3dr W plate celebration, it's ruddy basic but it does have PAS, no electric windows, no central locking etc.

My question is what can I swap over and is it fairly straight forward? Can I remove the central locking, the electric windows etc from the M plate and stick them straight onto the W plate?

(The plan after that is lpg, 35mm drop, sway bars, panhard rod, exhaust, then maybe an emerald ecu or megasquirt - ive fitted this onto a volvo 340 1.7 in the past and gained in performance and mpg)

Thanks chaps

Pretty much all bolt of the old car bolt onto the new car, may be some wiring involved by my celebration has all the wires dangling somewhere or another.

I though the same with the C/L as far as i remember the factory standard central system looks like those cheapy ebay jobbies.

No the central locking motors are built in with the catches but if yours looked like this:
5%20wire.jpg

then they are just the universal type.

I don't have it i remember seeing a second hand part on ebay was obviously not OEM it would seem haha.

Well Ive just been out and stripped out the cd player. the door cards, the sun visors, the adjustable seatbelt holders on the B pillar.

Tomorrow will see the mudflaps, the electric window mechs and the central locking removed, Im not sure if the M reg 5drs arm rests will go, but by the look of it they may well do, I'll let you know how I get on. I'll also sort out a 'jesus' handle aka grab handle for the drivers side, and the curtesy light in the boot.

the nats wont make a difference, but what will is the totally different loom that the nats cars had to pre nats. so you might have to change over the whole loom, unless you want to cut and splice it together (which isn't too hard) also there may be a difference in the window mechs if you have a 5 door and a 3 door, but i am not sure on that

Ill figure it Nex :)

awesome, the electric windows if i remember can be cut down to just two power wires, the central locking might be a bit more complex as there was a magic box that also did things like dimming interior light, etc but it too can be stripped back as i have done it with 2 of my cars, and using primera motors in the doors too.

awesome, the electric windows if i remember can be cut down to just two power wires, the central locking might be a bit more complex as there was a magic box that also did things like dimming interior light, etc but it too can be stripped back as i have done it with 2 of my cars, and using primera motors in the doors too.
Make much difference them primera motors? as my right is quicker than my left and i guess it won't be long till it dies. :(

Make much difference them primera motors? as my right is quicker than my left and i guess it won't be long till it dies. :(

you got to bend the connecting rod to the lock i think it is, because its over slightly but its really easy, other than that its a straight swap, and a lot easier to come by than a micra with central locking. my Lx uses the entire kit from a Primera, and its just putting a kink in the rods so they are slightly shorter and it works great, better than stock in fact because its super quiet.

Back