finally got round to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
hey
after loitering this place for a while now thought it was about time i introduced myself.
currently got two k10 micras, got the 1st when i was about 16, just something cheap to learn in, but obviously fell in love with it. its a 1.0 ls, havent done much with it apart from new stereo and decent component speakers, has passed its MOT 1st time since ive had it which i think is immense.
then after hunting for a super s and becoming so close to handing over the money several times, couldnt realy ever afford it in the long term, i jumped at ollyc98 selling his 1.0 gs back in january, paying under a ton u just cant go wrong (kind of)lol
is a decent little thing, managed to leave it in the uni without a permit since and not once been fined which is great.
its been stripped out now and a very interesting paint job (got a bit drunk with some art students one night....they treated it like a blank canvas, poor thing) but it is all coming off, smoothed(ish) off the boot, sorting the rust, fitted all new brakes, new front bumper(still have to refit the fogs), gave it a good service n she runs a treat.
also got her popping flames when we took the back box off.lol
is now a mascot of the uni car park, everyone loves it!
Hopefully next year in the new house the plans are swaying towards a k11 1.3 lump in the micra and kitting it for track use.
but at the minute both cars are off the road as i have no money for insurance!:(

little about me then: orignally from london, now studying automotive engineering with motorsports MEng at hertfordshire uni. hopefully one day be the only formula 1 engineer who rolls in 2 work in a k10!!! lol

this forum realy has taught me more than i think anythng ive found on the internet, realy are a good bunch so cheers for that.

will get some pics soon

alex

dont worry the paint is coming off (sorry olly) lol

and were putting the spots on soon, does look good with them

slowly getting through all the rust and it now stops like its supposed too! =)

few bits n bobs then off for an mot!

car runs sweet as, got home fine and was just about keeping up with the 1.6 stilo, kind off.lol

only thing is now rekon the front passenger side wheel bearing wont pass the mot, it was noticable at forst but now u can even hear it from inside the car.
any ideas if this is press fitted, ie the hard ones 2 get out and change?

Yeah I thought it sounded like the mysterons were coming, I never had a look at it really, check the haynes manual?
If you back off the timing to standard it'll go back to driving like a 1 litre lol

Awesome mate (Y) Love the paint :p I did motorsport engineering at wiltshire college castle combe track unit, finished last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back