Finally got some alloys!!

A

andrewb150

So I’ve finally managed to buy some alloys (with tyres)…don’t worry I’ll try and get some pictures up tomorrow!! But they look massive I mean they are only 13” rims but have huge tyres on, they are much bigger than I expected.

The tyres are 175/70/13 so I’m wondering if they will actually fit on the car?

I know this size is not ideal but they were such a bargain I could not resist and I’m going to have a good try at getting them to fit!

The reason I’m asking rather than just fitting them on the car is that the centers need to be bored out slightly (all in hand, no problem I hope). Anyway if they don’t fit I can always sell it to one of my mates who may have more luck getting it onto one of their cars (Golf, Clio, K11, etc)

dont see why they wont fit standard k10 facelift tyres are 155/70 r13 so 175 shouldnt cause problems depends on the wheels offset really. you'll know soon enough ;)

Yeah they should be fine! The 175 bit i think is quite large for 13's and has the potential to rub on the rear arch, but depends on the offset like speedle said!

Any pics?

The offset is 38 (thats what it says on the rim). I think the reason that they are bigger is that the profile (70) is a percentage of the width of the tyre (175).

Anyway they were machined out (from 57.1 to 59.1mm centre bore size) over the weekend and cleaned up a bit (damn break dust!).

The problem I have now is leaking tyres around the edge of the rims! I think its due to corrosion on the inside by the seal. The paint seems to be coming away from the rims (on the inside) and creating an air gap between the tyre and rim. Deflating the tyres and cleaning away all the loose stuff with wet and dry seems to do the tirck, resulting in a much better seal.

I have ordered some tyre sealent from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8061866733&fromMakeTrack=true

Which I hope will finish the job

Here are the pictures, they have been washed only in these. This is before they were cleaned or polished, to remove break dust and make them shine :)

4Rims.jpg

onerim.jpg

They do have centre caps and will try and get some pictures of these soon.

The rims say that they were made by wolfrace and the centre caps say "Sport Racer" on. The tyres are 2 Continental Eco Contact and 2 Pirelli 2000 Plus. Do these tyres normally give much trouble?

i'm afraid 175/70 are too big, and they will be rubbing... 175 is ok... but the tire profile is too big... when buying 175 tyres on 13" wheels you should look around for profile like 60... 175/60/13 would be great... in these tyres profile has 105mm, but in 175/70/13 the profile is 122,5mm ... that means that your whole wheels diameter is bigger than than the standard one by 35mm...

I don't know if what i just have written is clear too you (becouse of my poor english ;) )... so... simply... standard k10 wheels are 155/70/13... when you want to change them to wider wheels you have to remember to take tyres with lower profile, so the overall wheel diameter doesn't change... 175/60/13 has the same overall diameter as 155/70/13... so... your wheels have 35mm bigger overall diameter than the standard wheels... and that's why i'ma afraid their are going to rub :)

lawina said:
i'm afraid 175/70 are too big, and they will be rubbing... 175 is ok... but the tire profile is too big... when buying 175 tyres on 13" wheels you should look around for profile like 60... 175/60/13 would be great... in these tyres profile has 105mm, but in 175/70/13 the profile is 122,5mm ... that means that your whole wheels diameter is bigger than than the standard one by 35mm...

I don't know if what i just have written is clear too you (becouse of my poor english ;) )... so... simply... standard k10 wheels are 155/70/13... when you want to change them to wider wheels you have to remember to take tyres with lower profile, so the overall wheel diameter doesn't change... 175/60/13 has the same overall diameter as 155/70/13... so... your wheels have 35mm bigger overall diameter than the standard wheels... and that's why i'ma afraid their are going to rub :)

35mm isnt that big depends on how loose ur suspension is ive see 15' s 195 with 55 and only minor rubbing so these might just be on the limit best way is to try and see what happens

I thought that they would be big but I will give it a go at getting them to fit this weekend. I may well have to remove some of the arch lips and will proberley be fitting some extra bump stops to stop the suspension from compressing to much.

If ever I buy new tyres I will definitely be looking for lower profile ones 60's sound good

Thanks for your comments

Well they fit on the car, just fine and it now looks well low at the back. They only rub slightley when at a roundabout or turning a corner hard, but some bump stops will stop this, no worries.

13" rims are a bit small but look so much better than hub caps, overall I'm very happy with them. When I get around to washing my car I will post a picture of them on the car.

for my micra i was thinking of getting either some almera gti alloys, nissan 100nx alloys, or nissan sunny alloys as they fit the micra.

I bought a few weeks ago myself some 7Jx13"ATS Classics. Have to get the arches rolled now, the rims are now sticking out of the car. Not completely sure what tires to go for, some 175/185/195 i think with correct wall height to get the correct circumference.

atsclassic.jpg

Joris v b said:
I bought a few weeks ago myself some 7Jx13"ATS Classics. Have to get the arches rolled now, the rims are now sticking out of the car. Not completely sure what tires to go for, some 175/185/195 i think with correct wall height to get the correct circumference.

atsclassic.jpg

excellent choice of wheels :D get some pics up with them on the car asap.

Will do, but have to polish mine first and spray them. The ones on the picture ain't mine, theire for indication only. Dunno when i've got mine on, will take a month or two i think. But when i've got them one i'll post some pics with them on and the car dropped 35 mm :cool:

Joris v b said:

atsclassic.jpg

Does anyone remember the old Triumph Dolomite Sprint wheels, 'coz these remind me of them a hell of a lot.

Wow gek,

Those ATS wheels should look very fine. I would really like to see pictures when there are fitted. Good luck with fitting them!

Groeten thomas

Joris v b said:

atsclassic.jpg

bloody stunning those mate :grinning:

i fancy some revo 4 spokes or 5 spokes, but i'm not sure if theyre produced in the right PCD or offset for a K10. and despite that i cant afford any :doh:

andrewb150 said:

it looks nice mate does well with the car.

Joris v b said:

atsclassic.jpg

there well nice i would have a set.

You can try 15" Almera alloy wheels, same PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) with 195/45/15 tyres on. Getting mine sorted next month looks a treat watch this space for pics

I bought Artec 13" alloys couple weeks ago... I was searching for 14"... but these were a real bargain... and they look also nice :)
alloy.jpg

The alloy is pretty much dirty on the pic, but thats the only pic that i've got... Today we have Nissan Club Poland meeting, so the car will be shining ;) I'll do some pic's today and post them later :)

Ive Got Some 195/45/15 Alloys Off An Almera And They Rub Slightly On Full Lock Any Ideas What I Can Do??

Please Help The Noise Is Doin Ma Head In!!!!

Thanks

Ear plugs ?

But seriously, you might consider some thin spacers, maybe 3-5mm, that should help if its only on full lock, I take it that it rubs at the rear of the wheel ?

Back