Fast Acceleration

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Some may have seen my topic about a CG13 with a CG10 gearbox which will be fitted tomorrow. I've decided to do quicker acceleration rather than top end as it'll benefit the car (and me) more.

So far i've done:

CG10 gearbox
lightened flywheel
pulsar short shifter
completely stripped the car

What else can i do to improve it? I was gonna go down the route of cams but i'd have to do more work along side that to benefit them.

Some may have seen my topic about a CG13 with a CG10 gearbox which will be fitted tomorrow. I've decided to do quicker acceleration rather than top end as it'll benefit the car (and me) more.

So far i've done:

CG10 gearbox
lightened flywheel
pulsar short shifter
completely stripped the car

What else can i do to improve it? I was gonna go down the route of cams but i'd have to do more work along side that to benefit them.

Aside from that the the usual bolt-ons such as manifold & induction and the obvious weight loss the only other options are like you've said. Cams and appropriate ECU modifications, but there's nothing stopping you slapping in a set of cams from someone like autosprint, (see Frank for more details). It wont be optimised but it will run.

CG10 box will help and the flywheel can make a substantial difference depending on weight. Aside from sourcing an RS5F31V close ratio box, (which are like gold dust and only for those with deep pockets), you're pretty much as good as you'll get on a sensible budget.

i've got a 4-2-1 and Ashley de-cat system. At the moment i've got a panel filter with a cold air feed straight to the front

You could put some Piper 270deg fast road cams in, AFAIK you don't need ECU mapping to go alongside them, just basic breather mods. Apparently they give some really good gains too.

You could put some Piper 270deg fast road cams in, AFAIK you don't need ECU mapping to go alongside them, just basic breather mods. Apparently they give some really good gains too.

You will have to sort shims, as they are re-grinds and hence have smaller than OEM base circles, but Frank can advise on getting them to fit. Well unless you send Piper some blanks but I had Matt's last set a while ago now.

You 'can' run the car on a stock ecu, it'll be lean though ;) but will run.

Back