FAO Ed or Micra_Pete... can u help me?

hi well i started a thread on my troubles here http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9709

tho it still persists, i changed my leads with another set tho it still persists:(

wat i feel is like a flat spot of power between 3000 n 4000 rpm but i have power n runs fine all other rev ranges.... so i was jus thinkin can my ecu be goin haywire jus now ?

thanks slot stephen

ps i got a ga16 ecu n i would like to know if i plug it in will my car run fine, i got no nats trouble so jus if it will be fine ?

stephen

fuel and timing map would be wrong for your engine. Im not sure if the GA16 ECU would be happy with the CG13 MAF either. If its anything like 1.6 TB and 1.3 ECU it'll be all over the place, but that could have been due to the idle valve not being present.

yeah i got a set n still nothing

jus seems weird its only at 3000 to 4000 rpm really, gonna rerset ecu tonight see how that is in the morn but still needing lots of help i dont fancy nissan trying it, will cost way too much :(

stephen

uncle has a 1.3 1 n im gonna get it asap mayb wed so ill keep u all posted lol

u should see my bodge up job for my bonnet catch lol ill post a pic is funny :D

stephen

there is no reason what so ever to want to run a ga16 ecu on a k11, unless your bodging a maf / injector conversion, so my advice there is don't, stick to the cg ecu.

also in regard to the problem, it could be a various things, my advice, as you have access to a scrap yard, is just work through the possible problems.

throttle body
ignition problem

it difficult to give a firm answer without seeing the car.

i know wat u mean pete however i have tried lots all ready either its my loom or ecu as i think it is electrical and is breaking down maybe a lose joint or cdy joint however gonna try a 2nd hand ecu se hoe that goes on.

u want my ga16 ecu to work on , i offered it before n u said ok tho nothing after this ? thanks pete

stephen

i have so far changed TB, Distributor, Leads, Plugs and ECU. also had it checked by rac to check my infectors were firing correctly plus the other sensors and i still have my problem wat is left to do ?:(

stephen

check some of hoses to the TB make sure theres no splits or tears. also check that theres the right voltage going to the dizzy and that none of the wires are broken

on another note my friend developed every problem your having with his Polo on the motorway, he carried on driving tho and his problem was his oil pump slowly dieing killing every moving part within his engine

a fault i have seen, on more than one k11 now - including my own, and i heard some reports on MH, is an injector wire fails, its normally the one (and i will try to explain as clear as a can) that if you were to un-fasten the ecu, and rest it on the passenger footwell, its the one to the far right, on mine it was almost snapped completely, it caused some running issues!

Back