Extra Bhp, Not Sure About That What Do You Think!

Avoid!

These have been mentioned on the MSC before. Have a search, youl come across a few threads talking about them.

In short, a complete waste of time and money, and will probably do more harm to your engine than good.

Lets look at some quotes from that page to show how stupid they are! :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well this module once fitted sends a signal to the ECU just like it does when it is cold, then the ECU slightly adjusts the air/fuel mixture which boosts your cars power[/FONT]
It does this by richening the mixture, so laws of physics state it MUST use more fuel..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The best thing is economy is not increased[/FONT]
Yes I bet economy is NOT increased!..

What The Tuning Module Offers To Your Vehicle:
Instant Increase In BHP
Increase In Torque Throughout The Gears
Faster (0 - 60), (0-100) Times
Quicker QTR Mile Time's
Cure's Flat spots

No Increase In MPG!
Smoother Pull Throughout
Yep they are right there really will be no INCREASE in MPG. Infact it will be ALOT worse.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It can also be removed for MOT's, Services etc if needed within 1 minute and refitted with no adverse effects, meaning you can take it out when you like![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Why would we want to do that if there are no adverse effects to fitting it? Are they implying the car with one fitted may fail an MOT? Hmm perhaps I should buy one and do some exhaust gas test on it to see what it really does...

I would like to see if their insurance covers them for legal aid or 3rd party damage due to failure to comply with the sales of goods act..

there is to much crap like this on ebay something should be done about it,they dont work
i brought something like this 2year ago for a 2.0sri cavalier all i got was a resistor and some silly instruction showing me how to unplug the air temp senser on the air box then ram the legs of this resister in the plug.
the only extra performance i got was about 400 rpm on the idle.....

DONT BOTHER WITH THIS CRAP

The best way do deal with stuff like this is to send non abusive messages to the sellers.. for example "It would be nice to think that somone with such a rating on ebay would not try to con people, but apparently your trying anyway"..

I got a reply from said seller....

"Right, this email has been sent to our legal team as well as ebay, in regards to conning people, ..."

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah ok, nice..

So I replied with this

"I wait with excitement to see their response... I just passed this onto several internet forums for comedy value... also Check out item 8032712476, although I suspect that you may already have seen it. BTW why on earth use a high wattage wire wound resister for something that will only carry current measurable in mA? Is it becasue it looks more impressive than just a cheap 0.5w carbon film resister like everyone else tries to sell on ebay?"

Arnold said:
LMAO!!!! Class

Had to read it again....thing this is probably the funniest I have come accross so far.....

hi i take it your taking the #### with this aucion, cuz everyone says All it does is fool the ecu into thinking there is more air coming into the engine and dumps more fuel in to compensate Result: Slightly more power, dirty exhaust and fuel washing the oil off the cylinder bores causing rapid wear! and your pic is also taking the #### as well as the P+P.. and your 101 question of total sily questions...

regards

Hey everybody, Captain Obvious to the rescue!

Think it probably also answers the question as to whether they are any good. Doh!

I got another reply from the guy trying to threaten me with more lawyers. What an Idiot..

Back