external rev counter

yes i know what you are thinking, search search search and I bloomin well have

I am having a problem fitting a rev counter to my 1997 1.0 mike, its a #### autogauge one from halfords and I have wired it in properly using the green wire that connects to the blue on top of the dizzy and even to a certain pin2 on the ecu and it still wont read my rpm, the lights etc work, but it just doesnt want to show my rpm

Any ideas guys ?

ps I will get some pics up of my car soon, may be a bit different though

this is my 3rd one now, as usual the lights work etc but just no movement on the needle. switch is set to 4 cylinders, might try moving it across to see if it does anything actually

below your steering column on the right hand side there is a port/connector thing, for testing. Get the clocks off and prod the green wire in those pins... on mine I tried dabbing on all the pins on the block that connects to the clocks, with the engine running, until I got a reading.
Also, some have 2 +ves and 2-ves, make sure they're all connected up just twist the 2 -ves together and the 2 +ves together.

P.s. I know it's pin2 on your model but on mine it was allegedly pin14 for the ecu... that didn't work, it was pin 19 that did; and 19 isn't listed as having any function in haynes! so just try em all

What about signal wire straight from the coil? Did that successfully on a mates Vectra A, guess it should work on our micras too. :suspect: Just a suggestion. (Y)

Back