Experts needed:

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
i am planning on fitting a 1.3 into my micra,

plan is to fit this in with Nismo engine mounts,

however i am hoping to put it through the 1.0 gear box.

but if i am using these engine mounts do i need to fit them to the gear box or can i leave this were it is?

and if i am planning on buying an uprated clutch does anybody know were i can get this from or any to look out for? same goes for lightned fly wheels :)

thank you,

Tom

there,s only 1 actual engine mount really tom, and 2 gearbox mounts (+ a plastic one on the front that does sfa ) and your g/box is the same as the 1.3,s, and the same 180mm clutch (good for 150ish hp)
your flywheel options are a jun, or lightened stock one :)

ok cheers frank (Y)

should have called it " frank needed" lol

where could i source a jun one from? i have had a quick look but i coulnt find any?

i am going to get the mounts from MPH fingers crossed,

would i not get any sort of gain from a better clutch then?

thanks Frank

haha ok thanks frank,

well just need to look out for a tidy 1.3 and start thinking about cams, intake and exhuast stuff...

i want about 100bhp ( pref without a janspeed...)

that possible?

just out of interest, what kind of price do the nismo mounts go for? Ive seen them around but never actually seen prices on them and i'd like some. Good luck with the swap tom(Y), i did it myself a few months ago and really isnt as hard as i imagined, plus the 1.0 box gives a nice low down torque.

Flat_out

Sounds reasonable although i think id only pay that for a set if i knew of the advantages tbh. I know they will help reduce engine movement etc. If it was as easy as bolting parts on mate it would be no fun! Its half the enjoyment getting it to were u want, so enjoy it(Y)

Flat_out

engine mounts involve burning out the old ones then tapping the new ones back in...just gotta make sure you put them the correct way around / alignment. :)

clutch id recommend the helix / sunny hybrid (mph sent me in this direction - seems a decent balance of cost vs strength imo)...seems to be very good at its job. Though if your only going slightly upgrading you could probs get away with a normal clutch.

engine mounts involve burning out the old ones then tapping the new ones back in...just gotta make sure you put them the correct way around / alignment. :)

clutch id recommend the helix / sunny hybrid (mph sent me in this direction - seems a decent balance of cost vs strength imo)...seems to be very good at its job. Though if your only going slightly upgrading you could probs get away with a normal clutch.

2nd (Y)

cool

i think i will have a chat with matt on friday or something,

(Y) cheers,

any idea what cams i should look into? found some tomei ones... any opinions?

If concidering more than 100bhp.. the 1.0 cluch is simply not going to cut it.. its much much smaller and weaker than the 1.3..

The 1.3 box is definitely much more capible..

a stadard 1,3 clutch is good for 140/150 bhp if a little weight is lost also..

ok cheers frank (Y)

should have called it " frank needed" lol

where could i source a jun one from? i have had a quick look but i coulnt find any?

i am going to get the mounts from MPH fingers crossed,

would i not get any sort of gain from a better clutch then?

thanks Frank

i fitted a jun ultralight flywheel on mine, feels really responsive like a motorbike and it drives & idles normal no probs. abit easier to stall in traffic the first time round but will soon learn how to manage it.

dsc00496gi.jpg

i got it from Perfectrun in japan back in march for 38900yen (£311 at the time, now £262 with the better exchange rate).

http://perfectrun.jp/src/detail.php?pid=49003&pname=LIGHT%20WEIGHT%20FLYWHEEL&maker=JUN&maker_id=49&result_mode=ksch

the ultralight 3.6kg version is itemcode 2010M-N027
email em to get a quote

but do note the extra costs on top:

jun flywheel - £311
delivery - £69.31
import duty - £13.52
vat - £69.63
handlin fee - £13.50

== £477.55

expensive mod but i was gona do it eventually anyway and glad i did :grinning:

not that i know of, hence why i had to get it imported.
maybe give matt humphris a ring?
hmm can't see it on his pdf list of rally parts.

I wouldn't go with a 1.0. I'm sure rob killed a few 1.0 boxes on his 1.3 back in the day. Putting in the nismo mounts means your sending more energy and strain to the gearbox. I'm sure you would kill it.

oh ok :)

i didnt know thta,

thanks frank,

saying that....

i want the engine in yours, just saw your vid...

How much for that engine? :p

ah :(

lol well anyway, it looks awesome Frank.

looks like i will be getting the engine from Flat_Out (Y)

your modded cams frank, how much did they cost you?

which did you think worked best?

really really really retarded question.... i only need 2 cams right?

the autosprint inlet with the piper exhaust give the most hp top-end tom (very much like a motorbike powercurve, ie, not much grunt but really gathers pace from 3k and still pulling strongly at 7k+) not suited for driving in traffic, but a hoot to drive when raggin
the 2 pipers have a similar type of powerband as stock cams, but a healthy increase throughout (more suited for a daily driver) :)

so i'd be best with the pipers then,

reckon those with flywheel should be good fun?

the drawback with the pipers is the shims tom (i had to shave 75 thou" off some stock shims and add them under the buckets for mine, or else you need oversize ones made-up like jowley did)
and deffo one of peters F/W,s or else lighten yours :cool:

hmmm

well i replied in your blog frank,

say if i was to buy all the stuff, pay for all the fabrication costs and materials,

would you be up for doing this stuff because as i think everybody knows, i dont have a clue, for a fee obviously :)

well i'm happy to go to the extremes of "fast"

just as long as it is daily do-able lol

would you say to your spec for the lpg is a bit too mental then?

well i'm happy to go to the extremes of "fast"

just as long as it is daily do-able lol

would you say to your spec for the lpg is a bit too mental then?

the lpg has an octane of about 108 apparently tom (wiki) so it thrives on compression, and personally i would go for 1.0 pistons, an autosprint inlet cam (with maybe a less wild profile than mine) a 4kg F/W and some subtle exhaust mods :)

not that it needs it confirming but a 3.2kg flywheel is very nice to drive same deal with traffic at first but apart from that...the car loves it.

Anyone looking for a flywheel of the pictures above, they are available now for £240 including delivery, and are in stock now if you want one.

Back