Full exhaust power gains?

W

waj1234

I have been looking at the janspeed website and see they do full systems/manifold and cat replacement which are legal.

What sort of power gains will this produce over a standard 2000 1.0l model? I also notice it says 1992 - 1998 so will it even be suitable for my model and is it worth the cost for gains?

I was not gonna bother with one to be honest but got the bug now, lol.

Simon.

This has probably been covered before. For a 1.3 Micra, a manifold and catback, including de-cat will give around an extra 20bhp. Im unsure what it will give the one 1litre, possibly and extra 10bhp or so.

Im sure the facelift engines were the same so it should fit ok, aslong as you dont have air-con.

10bhp, now is that worth the £499 outlay I wonder.

Its not even my car but will be soon as I can make her see the benefits of a 406 estate for all the books a teacher has to carry!

I will keep an eye out for a used system on here and ebay then. Be a shame to change engine as only done 24k since new.

Yeah that would be a shame. You could always try and get the most powerful 1l in the club :D lol. The thing is with the Janspeed stuff, you can always take it back off and fit it to a 1.3 micra if you get another one - or sell it back on, theres alot of demand for it usually.

scottish-sr said:
Not really no, unless you buy it 2nd hand. Best bet is to try and get a 1.3 engine put in.
If its a 2000 it may have coilpack ignition, if so your in the same boat as me, and will need to look for a 1.4 engine as a 1.3 would be too much hassle with wiring... and as the 1.4 is so hard to find (as im finding out :() it would be an even bigger shame to have to swap the engine...

imo on a 1 litre, not really worth it... craig has done a fair bit tuning and it putting out the same power as a 1.3. For the same costs you could get a 1.3 dropped in or sell yours and buy another 1.3 micra.

if you go for the system, it will feel a fair bit faster though. End of the day it's upto you. Go for whatever you thinks best. :)

Well its a nice car in mint condition. We paid £7200 for it new in 2000 and lost enough already so hoping to keep another 6 years.

She just wanted to make it look cool so she falls in love with it again, which I have and the bits bought so far are only in garage at the moment!

She also thinks its nippy already but if it is deffo noticable with full sys I may go for it as what I spend now will sell on, plus its a lot cheaper than the 6k she was gonna borrow to get a 206. Also it will sound nice!

Back