Exhaust Heat Wrap

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The Janspeed manifold on Rocky was rather exposed without a heat shield, and underbonnet temperatures were also quite high (bonnet got rather warm!) so I decided to do something about it.

I ordered some decent exhaust heat wrap and wrapped the manifold to cat section this morning :)

Took a while and needs to be bedded in (4hr drive tomorrow will sort that) but I can already notice the difference. It'll also help to keep exhaust gas temperatures up which means a quicker flow of gas, which could be of benefit.

Well worth doing if you've ever thought about it! It's also reduced some of the Janspeed manifold resonance at 2-2.5krpm where they tend to vibrate. Here are a couple of pictures:

IMG_3111_small.jpg

IMG_3102_small.jpg

:)

nicely done, i did it to mine exhaust manifold for the same reasons, but i went all the way to passed the gearbox mount on my k10 as i had to use it all up,

word of warning tho, those metal cable ties are utter usless and will go slack and fall off in no time, so use jubilee clips instead imo

I had my exhaust on the old red micra heatwrapped, right up to the car, then the catback system to the backbox too.

It did make a difference, felt more torquey.

And yeh the metal clips are pretty useless.

As for the samco hoses, try samco direct or demon-tweeks sells them.

It is just a 90 degree bend and what looks like 45 degrees in the pic and I think it is a 76mm internal diameter.

That's nice, I am planning a heatwrap and then painting it with VHT paint to colour code the engine bay, you might consider doing the same.

I'm planning on getting it dyno'd in the near future to see if anything has changed, although I seriously doubt it. The main thing is that under bonnet temps are lower :)

Hopefully it'll all change colour come tomorrow, once I've been to Santa Pod!

The metal clips are very secure, they were soldered just to make sure :)

i was just about to order my heat wrap of ebay, just popped on here first and noticed your thread.
anyway, where did you get yours from and how much? i was going to buy 26' for about £15 delivered. will this be enough to do same as yours.

i was just about to order my heat wrap of ebay, just popped on here first and noticed your thread.
anyway, where did you get yours from and how much? i was going to buy 26' for about £15 delivered. will this be enough to do same as yours.

That's about what I paid, and I also sourced mine off of Ebay. I believe it was my Thermatec, and made in GB. I got 33ft of black wrap (5cm width) for £14 delivered.

One tip, wet it before putting it on as the fibres can be an irritant to the skin!

That's about what I paid, and I also sourced mine off of Ebay. I believe it was my Thermatec, and made in GB. I got 33ft of black wrap (5cm width) for £14 delivered.

One tip, wet it before putting it on as the fibres can be an irritant to the skin!

ok, cheers for that. :)

Back