exhaust query

Firstly is the front cat directly fitted underneath the manifold? And the 'secondary' cat is underneath the car? Ive been looking at exhaust systems and some say from the front cat back, so i take it this is from the bottom of the manifold staright to the back, missing the secondary cat. Is this correct??
thanks.

i think the exhaust are different to pre face lift and facelift i bought an aftermarket decat from a pre facelift which unfortunately would not fit on my facelift thus in a different position. My cat on my facelift is bolted directly onto my manifold not sure this is the case on the pre facelift is it?

its just the coilpack (post 2000) mani,s that are different, and they have just one longer primary cat (on the left) , and the downpipe is very restrictive imo fwn
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0345.JPG
    DSCF0345.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 372
Ok cheers guys.
the front cat is the one bolted directly underneath the ^mani ^ and the secondary is the one underneath the floor near the gear linkages? When the exhaust systems state there from the 'front cat back', they mean they fit to the front cat (underneath the mani) not the one underneath the car. therefore by passing the second cat.
Have i got this right?

Ok cheers guys.
the front cat is the one bolted directly underneath the ^mani ^ and the secondary is the one underneath the floor near the gear linkages?
Have i got this right?

yes mattjo, i ve only seen 2nd catback ones listed but matt (MPH) does a 1st cat decat downpipe iirc, that bolts to the mani flange (but you would need solid engine mounts tho, because you lose the flexijoint eh :eek: )

Quick question - Im looking to gut the first cat directly under the manifold and leave the second one.

How easy is it to take the inards of the cat out?

And will it make the standard exhaust sound very raspy? Because i hate the noise lol (Y)

i doubt you gain anything coz (apart from an emissions fail fwn) there,s more restriction in the mani and downpipe imo (for example, the downpipe is only 31mm dia where it meets the 2nd cat :eek:)

how do you secure the exhaust solid with janspeed downpipe

the one that i saw (not sure if it was janspeed, matt sells them iirc) had a big flange that bolted where the 1st cat attached to the mani (so you lose the flexi joint)
and 1 member on here had one, but it snapped in half lol :p

Ive got a janspeed downpipe, I think it does bolt directly onto the primary cat. Mine hasnt snapped in half yet though.:eek:

this one bolted to the big mani flange (you unbolt the cat, then bolt this one up, there should be a pic on matt,s pdf) yours bolts to the bottom of the cat mate (and retains the flexi joint)
edit, there,s a pic of it 1/2 way down matt,s catalogue £77.97

Back