Furry Exhaust

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
there's tonnes of hair like material coming out the back of Ems' Exhaust. Does anyone know what this is? Is it from the backbox, or further up the system? Primary/Secondary cat etc. There's miles of the stuff!

furryzaust.jpg

Well when I first saw it, i assumed someone had stuck some kind of animal up there!! Everytime we take it for a drive, more and more comes out the back. Got some weird looks the other day, but there was about a 2 meter long chain dragging along the road behind lol!

Would this problem have some effect on fuel efficiency? Ems says she does about 200 miles to a tank now which is pretty poor.

We've left the 'hair' in the garden for birds and other wildlife to nest in!!

I can't believe you didn't know what it was Rimski. :eek: :eek: :eek:

We've left the 'hair' in the garden for birds and other wildlife to nest in!!

Its made of fibre glass usually, which is highly irritant to the skin, its also full of burnt hydrocarbons, highly carsinogenic.

Well the poor birdies can be homeless now :p

We suspected it was the backbox but i wanted to confirm :)

Ive actually seen this several times now.. Even on highly expensive exhausts

( did somebody say kakimoto? )

Be careful it doesn't block the system, the perforated pipe which runs through the backbox might, as ive seen it, tear and curl back into the pipe causing a blockage.. which would explain the bad economy..

..take a picture UP the exhaust with a digicam with the FLASH ON... and post it

I did this to a perfectly good backbox when modding it, still got it in a bag. There were hundreds of metres of it.

Ok it's in my workshop so i'll have to pick it up tommorrow, I'll also include some motorbike exhaust packing which is in sheet form instead of being loose.

Shouldn't cost that much, I'll find out exactly, I will compress it into a small package. Any more info on this exhaust you are making? Sounds interesting.

Na, ours got binned with exception of the animal nest. There were small bits of exhaust like material coming out of the pipe too. Will get a photo tomorrow

the exhaust isnt really that interesting to be honest its just a couple of experiments im going try, as regards a back box, im risking 4-2-1 manifold, straight through to a custom backbox, i figure if i make a custom 1 then i can fine tune it as i want it. all i no atm is that its going to have a 3 inch round exit.

Back