Best Cat-back exhaust system?

Does anyone know which Cat back exhaust systems would give the most power gains on my rally Micra? I know Vortex is good but what are Ashley etc like?

Thanks

If you don't include the cat anything you do will give 0 power gains..all the power from exhaust mods comes from headers and somewhat from the cat..The only point fiddling with the rest of the exhaust is clearly to have a better exhaust note...widder pipes are a must if you have something big going on with the engine..head work,cams,compression,different stroke..although totally get it that the stock exhaust has to go for a louder one! :p

If you don't include the cat anything you do will give 0 power gains..all the power from exhaust mods comes from headers and somewhat from the cat..The only point fiddling with the rest of the exhaust is clearly to have a better exhaust note...widder pipes are a must if you have something big going on with the engine..head work,cams,compression,different stroke..although totally get it that the stock exhaust has to go for a louder one! :p
Am running a 1.6 on stock 1.5" exhaust no problem, would need to be pretty impressive to need bigger really, turbo springs to mi d!

Sounds most important, a cat back paired with a better induction system will see you gains if the fuel pressure is changed and mapped...

Peter lioyd always gets a good review for making cars more revvy, tis what id go for. Only £150

Sounds most important, a cat back paired with a better induction system will see you gains if the fuel pressure is changed and mapped...

Peter lioyd always gets a good review for making cars more revvy, tis what id go for. Only £150

Cheers mate, although I've heard lots of good about the Vortex system, it is a bit expensive for me!

Back