Exhaust emissions

I'm thinking of running a 4-2-1 straight though system but I know it won't pass the mot emissions test, would adding a performance cat between the manifold and the rest of the system help to get it to pass?

The cat would end up close to where the second cat is.

Reach down, realise your testicles are still there then slip the mot tester a Tenner ;)

Performances cats will pass an emissions test so you're cool buying it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

frank said:
and what does your post say will ? (in queens english)

He meant to say he passed his mot with the rear 2nd cat only.

Must have been very close to fail? A pass is a pass :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Wasnt that on the turbo setup though? Suppose the only way to find out is to just do it and if it fails return to stock for the mot

Wasnt that on the turbo setup though? Suppose the only way to find out is to just do it and if it fails return to stock for the mot
sounds like an expensive/pointless exercise to me mate :) (unless you,re anticipating a roadside check ? )

Been passing emissions with a 2nd cat for years but it probably falls under the expensive/pointless category considering it's no ghetto setup :p

What's your setup LR? I'm not fussed by cost just looking at options for the moment

The last setup was Jenvey ITB's, Omex 600, 264 cams, 4-2-1 manifold and system with a 200cpi race cat and no closed loop lambda feedback, (that's history now). We passed fine before on a Nistune, same cams and exhaust with a stock inlet manifold and GA16DE injectors which was closed loop. We did scrape a few passes on a stock ecu, stock cams, 4-2-1 and stock injectors but it was always a pain and required fiddling with a fuel reg, plenty of trial and error and a friendly MOT guy.

We were always comfortable but close if the car was allowed to warm down much with the OEM cat. As soon as we switched to a 200cpi race cat emissions almost dropped to zero on the same tune. Never tried it with a stock ecu though, those days of ghetto stuff are long gone now.

Back