exhaust back box

need a new one and cheapest garages quoting about £75.can get supply only about £35 but have never messed with an exhaust before. is it as simple as unscrewing the 2 bolts at the connetion?

Yep, rusty bolts will be you biggest problem.
Just changed mine and only 1 bolt came out without snapping. Many swear words were said!!

Did mine a couple of months ago, and as others have said, rusty bolts will be the biggest problem.

I prepared the bolts well in advance, spraying a good squirt of PlusGas dismantling fluid on the bolts. I did this around 5 times, letting the fluid soak in for around an hour each time. The bolts were still tough to remove, but the preparation makes it so much easier, especially on preventing scraped knuckles :eek:

I highly recommend PlusGas, but WD40 will work too, although not quite as well.

Hee hee, luxury that is, I ended doing mine on the drive and without ramps lol

I wouldn't get under mine without ramps haha! New nuts and bolts are like £1.50, already had a grinder from previous exhaust joabs (make all my exhaust) and whacked them off in 30 seconds. Done that with my front and rear shock bolts aswell :D

well i finally managed to get the nuts free. i note the back box is supported by 2 rubbers, one nearest the bumper and one more towards the axle. anyone know which one i should tke off forst after removing the bolts
thanks

Back