ashley or sportex back box exhaust?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys / gals. I need your opinions on whether to buy an ashley back box exhaust or a sportex 1. I kind of like both the noise on the ashley but its abit too deep for my liking. Any advice on which 1 I should buy? And which one offers the best restriction / performance? Thanks.

Ryan.

Hey up mate. Thanks for that, I remember speaking to you yesterday about these exhausts. I still cant decide which 1 to get. I want the same 1 that was on my old 1.0 vibe but I forgot what it was!

I'd personally always choose Ashley over Sportex :) But as Skymera said pretty much personal preference, you won't see any real gains just more noise

Ashley sound:

Sportex sound:

Sportex are renowned for being quite 'boomy' exhausts. They aren't that raspy sounding but are generally a little bit louder. Saying that, Skymera's sportex sounds pretty good!

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you have a bit more cash you might well want to check out the Peter Lloyd system

Personally this is my favorite one, proper raspy rally sound and I think it comes with a centre decat (replaced by a silencer by the looks of it?). Again I haven't used one personally but by the looks of them they are from the downpipe back. They're about £40 more than the sportex and ashley and don't have pretty tips either.

I'd personally always choose Ashley over Sportex :) But as Skymera said pretty much personal preference, you won't see any real gains just more noise

Ashley sound:

Sportex sound:

Sportex are renowned for being quite 'boomy' exhausts. They aren't that raspy sounding but are generally a little bit louder. Saying that, Skymera's sportex sounds pretty good!

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you have a bit more cash you might well want to check out the Peter Lloyd system

Personally this is my favorite one, proper raspy rally sound and I think it comes with a centre decat (replaced by a silencer by the looks of it?). Again I haven't used one personally but by the looks of them they are from the downpipe back. They're about £40 more than the sportex and ashley and don't have pretty tips either.

sounds nice mate. cheers.

Harlen the one from Peter Lloyd is a sportex system

How about Apexi?

8384304264_60d5b7a09e.jpg

Not got a vid of it yet

Harlen the one from Peter Lloyd is a sportex system

How about Apexi?

8384304264_60d5b7a09e.jpg

Not got a vid of it yet
Cheers mate, I think I'm just gonna get a cherry bomb back box for the mean time due to money reasons, and then save up for a peter lloyd system.

Back