Enquiry into my Exhaust

Guys, kinda need an explination, or a diagram if possible

but i was wondering on the k11 '96 micra S 1L 16V how the exhaust kicks out its fumes,

i know that it goes from the manifold down the downpipe through the rest of the exhaust and out but i was wondering, if your going along a road at about 2000 revs and then you let off accelerator does the fumes/air come back in or does it stay there or like carry on out?

its because im not too well with the mechanic side and everyone who i talk to who knows about cars i like to ask them because when i come with a problem with my car i might know the problem and try to fix it, and i keep coming up with questions like the one i asked here to see what the answers are so i can remember them for when i need them its just an enquiry thats all

And on lift of i been told fuel is cut off
really? that could be why mines a bit jumpy then because when im like "flying" and i let off from big revs it really jerks around like something has jammed in my engine and that could be why :/, hmmm wonder if there is a way to stop this?

PBobby said:
really? that could be why mines a bit jumpy then because when im like "flying" and i let off from big revs it really jerks around like something has jammed in my engine and that could be why :/, hmmm wonder if there is a way to stop this?

All cars do this. Moreso in lower gears.
Get to 5000rpm in 1st and lift sharply off the accelerator.

I think that's what you mean ?

All cars do this. Moreso in lower gears.
Get to 5000rpm in 1st and lift sharply off the accelerator.

I think that's what you mean ?
yeah thats what i mean :)

and Shaun i would change gear but :p im slowing down haha either because some idiot thinks its a Micra lets pull out on him and doesnt realise the power...or there just plain dumb :L or a rabbit jumps out :L

yeah thats what i mean :)

and Shaun i would change gear but :p im slowing down haha either because some idiot thinks its a Micra lets pull out on him and doesnt realise the power...or there just plain dumb :L or a rabbit jumps out :L

So the moral of the story is don't drive like a cock in low gears on public roads

haha to put things straight :p, i dont drive no more (cruising) than 3500 revs, but once i see a stupid idiotic person (ricers driving corsa/saxos) i will then do a perfect downgear (match the revs before lifting the clutch) and zoom past them, and with my car hitting over 4000 revs then starting to sound like it has a huuuge engine under it :p, then its funny to see there faces, otherwise i just cruise low revs as possible, drive around mostly in 5th :)

haha to put things straight :p, i dont drive no more (cruising) than 3500 revs, but once i see a stupid idiotic person (ricers driving corsa/saxos) i will then do a perfect downgear (match the revs before lifting the clutch) and zoom past them, and with my car hitting over 4000 revs then starting to sound like it has a huuuge engine under it :p, then its funny to see there faces, otherwise i just cruise low revs as possible, drive around mostly in 5th :)

I don't want to sound like a ****, but if you make a point of chasing 'ricers' in Corsas and Saxos, surely that makes you just as bad as them? That, and you need to remember that you drive a 1.0L Micra (which is a japanese car) with non-relevant stickers down the side, which would make you more ricer than them usually.

I'm no saint, but I just don't think it's clever talking about your street racing stories on a public forum. I'm not here to preach, but the police and such do check car clubs and it's best to keep stuff like that to yourself. Just wanna help you keep out of trouble.

I am more than happy to sound like a ####

Uncle Ben's has less rice than you

Oh and the definition of "ricer" is Race Inspired Car Enthusiast

george-bush-fail.jpg

I don't want to sound like a ####, but if you make a point of chasing 'ricers' in Corsas and Saxos, surely that makes you just as bad as them? That, and you need to remember that you drive a 1.0L Micra (which is a japanese car) with non-relevant stickers down the side, which would make you more ricer than them usually.

I'm no saint, but I just don't think it's clever talking about your street racing stories on a public forum. I'm not here to preach, but the police and such do check car clubs and it's best to keep stuff like that to yourself. Just wanna help you keep out of trouble.

Yeah true, and also the stickers down the side are just half of what is going to be on :L, i have a full design on my PC of the full design i want of my car when iv finished with it :/ you might think thats worse but i couldnt care less :)

i dont like to be normal and be a sheep by following everyone else, i dont care if i look stupid or what ever i like to be different and to stand out, they are far too many Micra K11s where i live and they all look the same and im no sheep i wanted to be different so thats what i did.

lets face it ,hardly any speed humps in the good old days. and four star fuel
if your revs are sounding weird in gear maybe clutch is worn ?

theirs a rear eng mount that gives up and eng moves more then
your like this in the 1.0 k11 cant wait to see your feelings in the 1.3 :)
the streets do call sometimes,being a micra driver i trust you know when to "chill it"

the streets do call sometimes,being a micra driver i trust you know when to "chill it"

Yes, 98% of the time im chill driving just like cruising at speed limits listening to music :)

that 2% is when im late for work or if im with my mates other cars driving

Back to the subject for a moment... On a fuel injected car, when you lift off the throttle completely with the car in gear, the injectors turn off so when you're coasting, you're actually using no fuel :).

Thanks R-REG-SR :) nicest thing anyone has said to me on this forum since iv started out on here

and Guy i coast a lot :p and thank you for the information :D

Thanks R-REG-SR :) nicest thing anyone has said to me on this forum since iv started out on here

and Guy i coast a lot :p and thank you for the information :D

Keep it up mate, dont give in easy and i gaurantee a bit of time from now you'd know more than i know in my lifetime

well guys if your interested :) i am planning of over the next 2 months having like a full engine update :), in the post atm on its way to my house is a very small mini racing chip, and a blue LED lights for my speedo only :), so my revs (left side) is white speedo (middle) is blue then petrol and temp gauge (right) is white :), then the next things im getting is a new JDM gear knob, new heatshield air filter with a new aluminium pipe (still dont know where abouts to put it), any ideas where to put the pipe in my engine guys? and then maybe if i can find someone with an ECU cable for my micra maybe a new ECU Remap

PBobby said:
in the post atm on its way to my house is a very small mini racing chip

If i can find someone with an ECU cable for my micra maybe a new ECU Remap

You didn't get the chip off eBay did you? And there aren't many people who can remap the stock k11 ecu, it's not a case of plugging in a cable and away you go

no no i didnt get it off ebay :), i have my own source :p
and oh :/ i thought it was a case off plug the ECU in, reload a full ECU map and it does it? :/

Micra remap is £530 including rolling road. You have to open the ecu make modifications and fit hardware. Anything on ebay will be a pile of utter crap and you need to stay WELL AWAY from them. Any £5 chip/fudge/ etc is just that.... waste of time.

dont worry Ed :) i didnt get it off ebay :), and ;) my secret source is a secret, i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy :p lets put it like that

I strongly suggest you get this booked into a proper garage ASAP mate, I had similar issues and turned out the flux capacitor was on its last legs. The mechanic said i was driving a death trap and that i was mega lucky i caught it when i did. Mine is a '98 1.0

Well if the pines are still their,an no parking lot has been built yet then he'll be shredded to bits and we all mucked

R-SEG-SR, erm what? haha that made no sense to me, and i dont think its the flux capacitor because it only does it on high revs haha its like there is power there then when you take your foot off nothing i think that could be it :)

If your 'racing chip' is some kind of horrible little resistor mod, please, for the sake of your car and reputation, stay very very clear from it.

Back