Micra HD12DDR CVT exhaust vibration

Hi I am a newbie, I have had a look but cannot find a problem similar to mine on the forum.

I live on the Isle of Man.

I have a 2013 automatic. Back in 2021 the rear silencer fell off and I had it replaced along with the part of the exhaust in front. These parts were A2A parts. As I was in the UK on holiday this was not done by Nissan dealership. On driving away from the fitting center there was a knocking as I went round bends. I returned to the center and they did some manipulation to get it to fit. The exhaust was never perfect but I lived with it until September 2023 when the insides of the silencer failed and it sounded like tin cans were bouncing around under the car. The company do not have a center on the Isle of Man, but luckily I was due to go on holiday so I booked for the work to be done under warranty.

Here is the crux of the matter, they fitted just the new silencer part, they have not specified on the receipt I received who it was made by or the part number. Since then the exhaust sets up a strike and rebound effect on the coil spring mount point (see photo) the silencer appears to be too close to the mount point. This can happen when driving or stationary. I have had the fitting adjusted by a local exhaust company who say that this really should not be necessary but this has not often the problem.

The rear shocks are in good order and according to the chap over here are not contributing to the problem.

I have contacted the original company and they say the part fitted was correct and just needs to be manipulated to fit. A2A website states clearly that all there parts are as good as genuine and never need manipulation. Living on the Isle of Man it costs upwards £250 to take my car to the UK.

The car and exhaust had been checked by two separate garages and under inspection conditions on a ramp everything appeared to be fitting ok. It was only when I started the car on the driveway and the rattling started and I managed to video the rattling that people took it seriously.

I have 3 questions, are there different exhausts for manual and automatic. Can anyone out there with a similar model compare their silencer spacing against the photo? Is there a possible cause for the vibration in the exhaust that may be contributing to problem? Engine mounts are ok can automatic box cause this?

Sorry for the length of this post

Phil

Attachments

• C7AEF6D0-8BAC-4DD9-A6C8-FE4027F3B6CE.jpeg
    C7AEF6D0-8BAC-4DD9-A6C8-FE4027F3B6CE.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 18
Back