Engine transplants with a difference

detox

euro member!!
ok so everyone is doing engine transplants with there micra's and i notest that even throw nissan engines are the best, no1 has dont a transplant with another engine!!!!
Now i have been thinking about this for some time. I can only think that it is because of problems with the electrics..

-so is it possable?
-will the electrics work?
-has anyone els done it?

if you can get the engine in the car then the only thing stopping you is money. anything can be made to fit its just nissans fit best and easiest,

so the electrics wont be a problem!!! i thourt that it would be almost inpostble!!!
witch ecu would you use and what about the loom!!!

you would divide the micra car loom from the engine loom and do the same with the doner car then splice them together.

the only thing that needs blending is the guage pod wiring and the reverse light.

it would probably be easier to use the dials from the doner car.

unless you have a degree in auto electronics i wouldnt attempt making up a new loom. people get payed a hell of a lot of money to make race looms up and there relativly easy compared to a road car.

There was a mini at donny in the 200+ club, fitted with a vauxhall engine - probably 2 litre.

If you can cram an engine like this in this car, then you can probably fit most things in a micra!

DSCF0070.jpg

the mini guys get extended front ends when they fit vauxhall 2.0ltr and vtec's (most of the time, there is one where the car was left the same size)

the mini looks the same just is a bit longer :)

i was thinking about fitting a vtec engine into my k11 a while back but was gonna cost a fair whack.

yea, i was tempted with a couple of things for me micra... but i will just save for a new car.. its easier :D lol

raceworx had some custom driveshafts made and they were not cheap at all. Money is the only issue stopping people throwing different engines into a k11.

I would got something lightweight reliable and turbo like Starlet Lump would be great!!

Or even a Vti lump from the EK civics NA at its best.

Yeah its not as easy as it sounds, and takes alot of money, not trying to put anyone off but its not like corsas where valvers have been done time and time again, and takes alot of custom work and knowledge.

an SR16VE would be great in a micra (i know its a nissan engine therefore off-topic) but thats just my dream anyway, shame you'd have to win the lottery to get one lol

magpie said:
mmmm would love a bike engined micra now that would be cool 14000 rpm and sequential gearbox

i was thinking a bike engine. My bike is a 1200cc bike but the motor is no bigger than my 988cc micra engine. the bike lump has 120bhp and 80ft.lb of torque. almost double the micra. and this engine is almost stock!. if you got an engine from a bandit 1200 (my bike) and put the 1316cc big bore kit on and all the extras u can get 170 bhp and over 95-110ft.lb of tourque!!! in a VERY light engine!!

or .. or.. orrrrrrrrrrr

a 500BHP turbo hayabusa engine!!! it would fit easy and at 650kgs u would have almost a 1:1 power:wieght ratio!!! HEHE COOL!!

detox said:
were do people get there costom drive sharfts and axles!!!!

James can get them done, i'm going up there tonight to get my bumpers if you wanna come wiv? :)

Arnold said:
There was a mini at donny in the 200+ club, fitted with a vauxhall engine - probably 2 litre.

If you can cram an engine like this in this car, then you can probably fit most things in a micra!

DSCF0070.jpg

that mini had 2 x 2.0ltr vaux engines in it (one in the rear,it was an estate) both had throtle boddies and iirc it was 290bhp from EACH engine..and yes it was stripped out :p (somone has BIG balls)

RIK said:
that mini had 2 x 2.0ltr vaux engines in it (one in the rear,it was an estate) both had throtle boddies and iirc it was 290bhp from EACH engine..and yes it was stripped out :p (somone has BIG balls)

OMG!!!!

It is where in the rev range that the torque and hp occur that makes the difference on road going performance. The motorcycle engine into a car would require the car to be as light as possible to gain the full effect as these motors generally have their torque occurr.ing at higher revs

i think if an engine change is to be done from anouther car it should be the vaxhall 2.5 v6 :p, i know when i win the lottery im guna do it :blush:

Back