Engine Transplants?

Tee Koo said:
BTW, have anyone heard how much is the best power taken from MA09ERT? I've heard some 210-220hp ST:s from Japan but there must some better ones because there are 300+hp E15ET:s

I have heard of over 320bhp from the MA09 in Japan running some 2.4 bar od boost. - I was told about this alone time ago, and I was never provided any more information as they could not speak English!

ohc_turbo said:
Ed, im was talking about the ma09ert in general, youre the only one i know on the board who has a super turbo but it aint aimed at you,sorry if you have got offended, i can visualise you having a red face while writing youre last post.

Thats extreamly rare :D

youve said that the bore walls are very thick comparing them between other MA's which made me think you were talking about the other MA's impolding at anything other than 50-60bhp.
has anyone or has anyone heard of any problem with the ma10 or ma12 or taken a ma10et to the limit and said "damn this cant handle over 150bhp, i wish i had a ma09"

MA12's frequently (relativly compared that is) blow headgaskets. I've been around here long enough now to see that compared to a 1.0 the 1.2 really is not all there. I think a relevent example of this is the MA12 was the only engine Nissan did not put a turbo on...

i suppose its stupid to say that you dont know that the ma09ert was buit to compete in the under 1.6 class and the made it just right cos its just under as youve said

Thats exactly right the standard multiplication factor for an engine with a turbo in group B was 1.7. By default, even if the MA10 had been used at a lower boost of 0.6 it would still have failed to meet this criteria. It was a double plus though really.

Do you know for sure that they actually made the bottom end stronger(apart from the bore wall thickness) in the ma09ert than the ma10et like putting beefier rods, oil squirters under the pistons for x-tra cooling and crank girdle for example.

My honest answer for this is no, I dont know exactly. Other then without a doubt the conrods will be stronger, The bottom end on a MA10 engine is way way overkill as it is. Nothing kills them except lack of oil.

i doubt a MA09ERT would be a swap for anyone but a MA10ET might be for someone but its a shame the lumps still go for £1000,

The Figaro world pays this, and since its there these engines now come from we dont have much choice!

Ed said:
I have heard of over 320bhp from the MA09 in Japan running some 2.4 bar od boost. - I was told about this alone time ago, and I was never provided any more information as they could not speak English!
Even though there can be big differences between dyno results even in the dynos that were made by the same manufacturer, 320bhp is something outstanding from 930cc engine and shows how much potential they have :) Although... is it worth of costs in light fwd car.. anyway, would be a nice Micra to drive :D

im really interested in this topic.

some of u know ive got a k11 with a GA16DE engine from primera... i gotta admit that i dint put it in, Nicon_23 did... but it wasnt plain sailing by ne means...and still is running slightly funny.

My gf's K10 is sat on the drive now as its been replaced by a yaris...and im wondering whether to get the GA16DE lump swapped into the k10. the only thing that concerns me really is the fact that k10s aint fuel injected!

wonder if it would be better to get an older, carb engine? from an old sunny or summat? dont let this topic die ppl!!

lets face it...anything near 100bhp will be lghtning quick in a little light k10!!

JK

lee@ said:
K10=
MA09ERT =110hp
MA10 =50hp
MA10S =55hp
MA10T =75hp ?
MA12 =60hp

E15ET =115hp (N12)
SR20 =120-227hp (N14/P10)

K11=
CG10DE =54-59hp
CG13DE =75hp

GA16DE = (N14/B13/P10)
SR20 =120-227hp (N14/P10)

^_^_^____________________________________________________

Sorry about that, i just flatlined as i havn't got a clue! Any chance of putting the name of the car beside the engine like for example:-
Micra 1.2L K10 92-93 = Jaguar XJR 3.0 turbo 92-93 or am i missing somat?:confused:
Cheers
Micra 110

j.a.kelly said:
lets face it...anything near 100bhp will be lghtning quick in a little light k10!!

JK

Im hoping to have the fuel injected 1.6 Primera fitted into my K10 next year. It obviously comes down to money how mad i want it but for the sake of a good time and a bit of suicidal madness, i wouldnt mind pushing it as far i can!! lol. Ideally more than Ed ;)

Like ed, once the records are set, just tone it back down to a suitable and more economical power..!

When i say 'i', i just mean as driving it. I wouldnt be doing any of the mechanics or the tuning.

ma 1.6 micra is really good fun...if a little front heavy...just wondered if this would be a serious issue with the k10 coz its so much lighter!

in the wet the 1600 is ridiculous and roundabouts are a nightmare!! if ya put ya footdown (evently pretty lightly in 3rd) it goes straight on...come off the power and the back end flies round trying to catch the front lol!! Driving the car enthusiastically is amazing tho...for a small car anyway! 1600 k10 would def be a laugh!!! Im not sure it would be a load of hard work tho? with it not been fuel injected already??

Micra 110 said:
^_^_^____________________________________________________

Sorry about that, i just flatlined as i havn't got a clue! Any chance of putting the name of the car beside the engine like for example:-
Micra 1.2L K10 92-93 = Jaguar XJR 3.0 turbo 92-93 or am i missing somat?:confused:
Cheers
Micra 110

The first part shows what engines (eg-MA10) came with the K10 along with how much power they produced.

This is then followed by possible transplant engines (eg-SR20) and how much power they produce as standard, and which car body code they came from.

I suppose body codes aren't universally known so I will edit the first post.

1.6 into a K10 would not be hard tbh. Just a bit time consuming on the 1st one. You would need loom and ecu from the 1.6 but again shoudnt be too hard.

Ed

tbh i think it would be easier than on the k11,,more room to play about with

also j.a.kelly i think the problem you have with your 1600 was the cause of death with mine

Ed said:
1.6 into a K10 would not be hard tbh. Just a bit time consuming on the 1st one. You would need loom and ecu from the 1.6 but again shoudnt be too hard.

Ed

Hopefully it wouldnt be too time consuming :)

never found out lol,,it was hit and miss with running the first week then when i thought i sorted the problems i had,it ran ok for a week then lost compression and died quitely it could have been the same problem as you have,fuel

Back