Engine transplant????

Looking to do an engine transplant in my facelift 1.0 micra. Been looking over the internet and found a number of options.... Seems the easiest is to go to a 1.3 but as its a rally car this would put me into the 1.4 class. This then led me looking at 1.4 micras and almera's but i have seen a transplant of the almera and the chassis leg had to be re shaped... not keen on this idea. Then strangely i found from an Australian website that the Nissan do a 1.4 in the cube?? Has anyone done this transplant ?? is it possible?? Ideally im looking for best power and torque figures in the 1.4 class, im willing to do head work internals etc but would prefer to start with a good engine to start with as a higher base level... Anyone any ideas?? Thanks ste

Hah thats the money question right there isnt it! well as little as possible for as high as possible lol Thats what everyone says isnt it. however im open to suggestions no matter what the price but cheap and reliable is obviously better.

Yes, sadly budget dictates one's level of competitiveness. With the 1.4 zetec engines easily pushing 180bhp and above, the competition is pretty fierce and comes with a fair sized budget if you want to be up there.

I am a fair way through a beefy budget build, so I don't have anything of value to contribute here. Plenty of info around on the usual simple mods which will get you reasonable power/torque gains over stock figures and not damage the wallet too much :)

Have you thought of the starlet glanza/gt turbo engine. (4efte)
Stock figures on those are pretty damn good and i have heard of one of those hitting the 230+

I am a starlet club member so can have a look at engines currently for sale etc and get you some prices!!!

Have you thought of the starlet glanza/gt turbo engine. (4efte)
Stock figures on those are pretty damn good and i have heard of one of those hitting the 230+

I am a starlet club member so can have a look at engines currently for sale etc and get you some prices!!!

Forced induction would put him out of the 1400cc class, as you have to assume a 1.4x engine capacity under the current MSA Blue Book rules. They were rumoured to be changing the regs and increasing the factor to a higher number but I have not heard anything yet.

Been investigating this, somebody mentioned a 1.4 sunny engine.... has anyone done this? is it too heavy with its cast block .... thought there may have been a few more people commenting on this :/

Back