new to this engine transplant lark..

S

sappy

as im new to the site and the hole nissan ownership thingy, im a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to what engines fit what car :glance: ...

i would realy like the micra to reach at least 100bhp but from reading other threads it seems the most cost affective method would be to just bin the 1.3 engine and transplant a hole new engine.. so does anyone out there know if this will fit
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-8-TURBO-NIS...ryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if so has anyone done the swapfwn

ok, first off for 100bhp don't bin the 1.3 buy a full janspeed exhaust system: manifold, decat and cat back. then buy/make a decent cold air intake, this will see you 1.3 with about 100bhp. :)as for engine transplants not sure if anyone has actually done a ca18 i know sr micra boy was gonig to do it so he may have quite a bit info. other options include the ga16de (1.6 from almera/primera/sunny) this comes with about 100bhp as standard, an easy-ish engine to fit and really complements the micras weight. speak to either nicon_23 or rik about this as they've both done this conversion.next you can go for the likes of the sr20de (2 litre) out of either the almera gti 140bhp or primera gt 150bhp or primera sri 130bhp, all good choices. speak to raceworx for this one, also theres a few others doing this conversion but can't rember who (sorry peeps)now for monster power you could fit a sr20det which is a 2 litre turbo out of a sunny/pulsar gtir.either way with an engine transplant its gonna need custom drive shafts and engine mounts along with a few other things. if your gonna do this your self it won't be all that expensive if you pay a garage to do this its more than likely gonna cost a fair whack.:)

cheers zoidberg.. very helpfull, hopeing to do the swap my self so machining driveshafts and mounts etc should'nt be to much of a hard ship

if i was to use a 1.6l-2.0l engine would i need the ECU and wireing to match as well :grinning:

yup best off getting the whole car really, i think the 1.6 loom can be spliced with the micra loom other than that you'll everything else. prob worth getting a whole car thats been written off from rear end damage and that way you know you've got everything. :)

dont need to fit the 1.6 loom,just mod the 1.3 loom with litle bits of the 1.6 loom,,wiring is really the easiest part(if u have george on the fone)

if yur going to put a different engine in go for the ga16de

hi m8. im just in the middle of puttin the sr20de into a k11. its a nice fit. all u need to do is unstich the mountings off both cars that would b easyer. and mod the gearbox mount. but does fit. im puttin mine on either bike carbs or propper injet throttle bodies so that will give bit more power. but deppends on how much u want to spend.

not looking at spending to much.. just looking at it as a little project to put me on till i migrate next year..

thanks for the advice every one, i think im gona see if i can get a 1.6 donor car and take it from there..

if you supplied the bits id do it for £300 :p

As for the SR20 conversion the GA16 runs nigh on the same mounts as the SR20 so would require the same work for a hevyer engine with less power... however it is slightly smaller so would be marginally easyer to squeez a turbo setup in..

both options will cost cash iv had about 3 e-mails t raceworx asking how much to do a 2.0 conversion iv told them honestly mine isnt finished and at the mo you'd be looking at 5K+ at a very basic install!! this puts them off god knows what they imagine it will cost when they e-mail me!!

richmicratwista said:
raceworks how long would it take to do and would it be possible for you to get the parts required as u probably have more contacts than me

with bits supplied and the no major problems could be done in a weekend mate :)

i dont know of any 1.3 engine for sale in my yards but if you can get one id install it as i said for £300

i have a 1.3 engineout of a k reg auto k11 its with loom and ecu if ya want.make me an offer.

auto shoudlnt amtter your wiring loom works wt the engine and your Gbox does also theres the rummor that the Auto engines have stronger blocks!!

Appologies for that...

the 1.3 Auto block is meant to be stronger then the standard 1.3 one as it "apparently" has more webbing on it.

the 1.3 block will fit to your 1.0 Gbox and wiring loom so it will fit!!

richmicratwista said:
what milage?
does it matter if its automatic raceworx???
i shouldnt think so???

how much u lookin for???

make me an sensable offer
not sure on milage but ill now tomoz.

I think that there may be some slight differences between manual and auto cg's, but cannot remember what they are though, may just be my imagination...

a mate of mine has just scrapped a sunny sr and i was wondering if anyone knew how much time/money it would take to stick the ga16de into a micra? any help would be appreciated cheers.

it's gonna be in a k11. can get anything off the sunny drivshafts etc but if it's gonna be a ####ter to fit then i might get a cheap sunny and stick in their instead, depends how much work it is.

Back