engine swap

Glen

Club Member
right i know this has been cover 1000's of times ive tried looking but cant find. I am currently buying a new micra and have found a really clean 1.0 2000 plate. I have been looking for a 1.3 but there in crap condition. I have no problem changing the engine but there's the issue with the gearbox whats needed to change it to a 1.3 also how does changing the ecu from a 1.0 to a 1.3 work with nats

the post 98 1.0 pre coilpack use the same RS5F30 g/box as all the 1.3,s glen (albeit with a lower diff ratio) and the same 180mm clutch, tho you may want to use the lighter 1.0 flywheel

so if i get a 1.3 gearbox i can just swap it and not worry about linkages or that

yeh, its just the pre 98 1.0 that has the different stuff glen, and the 1.0 diff would be handy if you,re running bigger wheels eh :)

what would you recommend as the perfect setup lol

i prefer my lightweight pre 98 1.0 setup with the featherlike clutch pedal glen, but you,re limited to max 100hp capability then tho (or 90hp with an exedy clutch fwn )
1.4 almera,s use the RS5F30 g/box too (i dont know what ratio diff they have tho)

can you run the 1.4 engine with the 1.0 ecu and gearbox if the 1.0 is already a coilpack

dunno glen (some of the 1.4,s had the starter motor under the inlet mani and flywheel teeth on the other side eh) but the coilpack engines are a very different setup tho eh :eek:

Back