Engine swap

Hey everyone. The engine on my K11 s has run up 92k (about 12k in the last 8 month :upside:) and I'm wanting to start getting what I can out of my micra. I have no mechanical experience what so ever but it has always been a large interest. I want to start playing with my micra (what finer place to start) but everyone has told me it's pointless since my engine has racked up so many miles. Is worth goin for an engine swap with something in a little better nick or is it better to leave it?

All advice for the n00b would be appreciated

my k11 has 164000 give or take. aslong as the engine hasnt been ragged it shouldnt matter to much about milage. its an ideal car to tinker with, i myself have no mechanical experience but im learning alot from her i would say dont worry to much just learn what you can from the old girl :)

Yeah 92k is fine,loads of life left provided it hasn't been seriously abused.Excellent engines.
Have a nose at some blogs there's plenty of cheap ways to get more fun from your car...

Heck i think the life is quite dependant on maintenance rather than use, i know there are members that have slammed their micras around for a while now :) its a beaut engine!

Well im getting a 1.3 thats done just over 100k miles toreplace my 1.0 thats only done 80k lol. Milage doesnt matter. Theres a vw polo that my mate has just mot'd that had 180k on the clock. All genuine miles and he said it ran like a new engine. Its all about looking after it

Back