engine swap

would i need to upgrade any part of my brake system to put a 1.2 engine into a 1.0?
i already have got some pulsar brake calipers some drilled and grooved sports discs and a braided goodrich performance hose kit and some abc green stuffpads i was thinking i will have to up grade the servos as well anything else anyone can thinkof that might need done?

would i need to upgrade any part of my brake system to put a 1.2 engine into a 1.0?
i already have got some pulsar brake calipers some drilled and grooved sports discs and a braided goodrich performance hose kit and some abc green stuffpads i was thinking i will have to up grade the servos as well anything else anyone can thinkof that might need done?

you will need 15inch wheels (or bigger) and two 1mm washers to space the calipers propperly (there is loads of info on here) but other than that they will go strait on, great set-up!

you wont need to upgrade the brakes at all, if you do then you will need 14" wheels or bigger and can i ask what 1.2 engine your putting in??

well technicaly, you dont need to upgrade, but with all the stuff you have it wont do anyharm! lol.

And like stani says, what 1.2 are you putting in, and why not the cg13???

no need for 15inch wheels - 14 are ok. I have 14x6" Sunny gti wheels and the fit perfect for these brakes and looks great too..

i already have 15'' alloys on not sure which engine yet
dont know what a cg13 is ?
going to look on google now thanks for all the advice

CG13 is the engine from a 1.3 micra, and is almost direct fit.

no need for 15inch wheels - 14 are ok. I have 14x6" Sunny gti wheels and the fit perfect for these brakes and looks great too..

better going with 15's as not ALL 14's do, it depends on the design for the inside of the rim

id say you should put the 1.3 in, which is a direct fit. keep the 1.0 gearbox, and upgrade the stadard brakes and not fit pulsar ones so you can fit 13" steelies :p

lol, steelies FTW! haaa,

aye as he sayed , get the 1.3 engine change and keep the 1 litre box, its a straight swap, much easier that whatever 1.2 you were going for. and theres plenty people here to ask if you get in to any bother! :p

Back