engine swap.

I have a 1.0l micra k11, and am thinking about an engine swap,been to local breakers and spent a while looking under nissan bonnets and the motor from sunny 1.4 or 1.6 looks a fairly easy swap.
But......questions, what gearbox? would the sunny box fit a k11, driveshafts, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me, any info will def be gratefully recieved. Thanks all

Typical answer here is... use the search function (ga16 conversion or similar).
But.. the search aint great tbh so...
Ga16 swaps usually involve cutting the chassis rail which aint really a great idea.. its not as simple as it first looks.
Sr20.. involves custom mounts/shafts... pretty much everything tbh.

If you want an easier option tune/boost the cg13/cga and strip all weight out.

I have a 1.0l micra k11, and am thinking about an engine swap,been to local breakers and spent a while looking under nissan bonnets and the motor from sunny 1.4 or 1.6 looks a fairly easy swap.
But......questions, what gearbox? would the sunny box fit a k11, driveshafts, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me, any info will def be gratefully recieved. Thanks all
it will cost more then the car for this swap am guessing it will work well, meaning it's custom wiring, Ecu, driveshafts, engine mounts, with that power u will need, bigger brakes,
I would say go for 1.3 engine like wat I had planned, u will need 1.3 engine, 1.0 flywheel yours, gearbox yours, 1.3 drive shafts 1.3 engine mounts, your Ecu, no wiring needed, and no funny welding needed, only my options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will cost more then the car for this swap am guessing it will work well, meaning it's custom wiring, Ecu, driveshafts, engine mounts, with that power u will need, bigger brakes,
I would say go for 1.3 engine like wat I had planned, u will need 1.3 engine, 1.0 flywheel (yours), 1.0 gearbox yours, 1.0 drive shafts (yours) 1.0 engine mounts (yours), your Ecu, no wiring needed, and no funny welding needed

*Sigh* Fixed...

Also, you can do the 1.6 with very minimal welding (just the downpipe and possibly drivers side engine mount). Just need electric water pump as mentioned. I'd probably look at a 1.3 gearbox though for the larger clutch (could possibly get the 1.0 flywheel redrilled for the GA16 clutch though). If you were doing the 1.6 swap to a stock vehicle it makes sense to buy a whole car (with same rear brake setup as yours), then you can fit the bigger brakes too)

Also, you can do the 1.6 with very minimal welding (just the downpipe and possibly drivers side engine mount). Just need electric water pump as mentioned. I'd probably look at a 1.3 gearbox though for the larger clutch (could possibly get the 1.0 flywheel redrilled for the GA16 clutch though). If you were doing the 1.6 swap to a stock vehicle it makes sense to buy a whole car (with same rear brake setup as yours), then you can fit the bigger brakes too)
Meaning it's a good power plant for a micra but all the wiring ? No rear brake for the power u have ? The welding ? all the parts u might need is in one car but comes with all the extra time and extra custom parts u need after it's done, but if your a welder and u don't mind the extra time building a great engine swap it's worth it

What kind of cost is there to the engine swap can if be done well for £1500 or is that money better spent on doing a 1.3 engine swap into a 1.0 litre

What kind of cost is there to the engine swap can if be done well for £1500 or is that money better spent on doing a 1.3 engine swap into a 1.0 litre

1.3 all day for 500 pounds am guessing then about 300 for other parts, I have a spare 1.3

A like for like swap can be done in a few hours.
From bitter experience buy a known good engine...
£1500 is alot of money to throw into it

Oh hey thanks for the advice just gathering loads of different ideas and will be choosing which one can work for me with tht sort of money in 2 months

Oh hey thanks for the advice just gathering loads of different ideas and will be choosing which one can work for me with tht sort of money in 2 months

Other idea will be
1.3 turbo
turbo 60 pounds
intercooler with pipes from eBay 125
injectors 50
clucth 200 pounds
Remap and nistune 600
and then most bits and bolts about 300
that is 150bhp depending on how good you will finish it off and doing it your self I'll say 1500 is max

Sent from my iPhone using T

I have a engine 1.3 I can also get u a turbo and manifold so it all fits, and sump oil for turbo, Thottle body, all u will need is remap, and nistune, clucth gearbox, and other bits to fit in your car

I have a engine 1.3 I can also get u a turbo and manifold so it all fits, and sump oil for turbo, Thottle body, all u will need is remap, and nistune, clucth gearbox, and other bits to fit in your car

I'd recommend getting yours running reliably without the need for block cutting before offering them out. Most people won't want to cut their engine blocks

whats block cutting?
It's where you weld a turbo flange to a cut stock manifold without checking the turbo will fit first, then find the turbo hits the block and instead of altering the angle of the flange you grind away the strengthening ribs on the block to make room...

That and GA16 is better :D

Oh no, look what's started :rolleyes:

My understanding is that the CG engines just (sort of) drop in for an easy(ish) upgrade over cutting the engine bay. If I could find a 1.3 or a 1.4, then I'd rather stick one of those in and turbo it for a first time experience.

Back