Engine management light

Right need some help. Weeks ago my engine management light came on and fault code was lamda probe.

Changed the probe and lights came back on twice already and still the same fault code its bringing up.

Anyone else had this problem

Mines a coilpack and had the same problem......second lambda thing. Had the light turned off, but came on again, been on now for 4 months and does not seem to make any difference to the car, so, it can stay on. Haven't had any problems.

As frank says there is a second sensor on the coilpack engines, halfway along the downpipe. Never caused me a problem personally, but some have said this has caused them problems with the EML, mine is removed and no EML, but thats just me.

there are a few threads about the 2nd (post cat) lambda problems on the coilpack engines, what faultcode did it flag ?

Attachments

• 1371679660801.jpg
    1371679660801.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 307
Only started doing that after my boss got a boy to do a fuel treatment and oil treatment demonstration now I keep getting that fault code every 2 weeks

I had this one too, was panicked when i first saw it while driving, though the car runs pretty good. Before it came, i had my micra's throttle body replaced due to stalling, after a few days it showed up. I tried taking the battery's negative terminal for a couple of hours but eml is still there. Last night i took both battery terminals for 20 hours and surprisingly it was gone.. I traveled maybe 5 kms now, and luckily didnt appeared again. I hope not anymore.

Don't worry about it, mine had it from when I bought it, just took the bulb out and she's run fine for two years now.
The light doesn't come on anymore - fixed in my world.:)

How important is it to use correct cans of spray labelled for the purpose when cleaning the MAF & Throttle body?
I ask this question because some people say WD40 does the job just as well BUT i am not sure. why would they make proper sprays if WD40 did the job ok?

Would you please give me a video link to show how to clean the throttle body in my Y reg micra 's' . Thank you
There's two (5 point with centre pin) torx bolts holding the maf in the side of the throttle body. Undo these and slide out the maf. Clean with proper maf cleaner or supersolve. Let it dry before replacing and starting the car. If you haven't got the tool, then you can remove the air box, remove the large c-clip ring just inside the inner lip of the throttle body, then remove the plastic air straightener, spring washer, and the mesh filter. Spray down onto the now revealed maf. Do not start the engine till all the cleaner has evaporated.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Would you kindly tell me please if the micra profile 1999 had an EM system - i dont think it did but would like you to tell me for sure? reason i dont think it did ws when the distributor failed & i had total & sudden engine power failure there was not light on the dash!

Back