engine management light flashes

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
hello All,I'm new here with a bit confused and I wish from anyone to help-
I bought a nissan Micra Muzic 1996 1L ,the last owner took out the EML(engine management light bulb and the petrol bulb out from the dash board)-when I did put it back it start flashes-the engine sometimes cut after 5-6 seconds and not work again, I found out that when it start and cut after 5-6 second I put the gear on the first speed and I move the car (withen this time) the EML will stop flashes,if I do not do that the engine will not work-Any help will be appreciated

CMF_Saet

» CMF Member
Well since your car is a 1996, I guess it'll be facing the front of the car.
It should be a "black box" with a connector, mounted on the throttlebody.

Just unplug it, and start the car.
If it runs like before, then you know whats up.

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
Hello
I did get it working -I took out the IACV(idle Air Control Valve)and clean it and befor that I disconnect the -VE of the battery, the car was running fine
after few mints-the temptute started to rise and the fan was'nt working disconnect the fan plug from the senser which located beside the coolent temp switch(2pin) fan did work put it back after a while and everything is working-after few switch on -off the engine the same thing happen -EM Light flashes and the engine not working at all(keep starting not fireing)-took out the -ve of the battery for 30 Mints worked ok and stared from the first time and the engine tep is ok fan is working is OK-
My question is why it do that?

thank you all

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the idle control valve wont affect the starting mo, and running for a few secs then cutting out usually points to a fuel problem (pump, injector fuse or nats)
and could the flashing light be the nats light ?

frank

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
Hello frank-thank you for your replay,well lets think togather,,
there is sound from the fuel pump when the I'll start the engine-so that is OK,,injector are you could say ok as well because it will start -oh where is the injector fuse-back again in it is the fuse why she will start after disconecting the battry?if there is a fuse problem?
Maybe it is NATS then
I did red some where "Connect terminals 6 and 7 together for 2 seconds then disconnect them again". it will give error code
but mine did not flashes-what I did red was NATS problem engine want flash a fault code.
What do you think my friend
thank you

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i dont think there,s an error code for the nats mo (i,ve seen 142 and 143 posted as a nats code but there are supposed to be only 2 figure codes on our obd1)
you could try a faultcode check eh, (how-to on here or msc somewhere)

frank

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
Hello-I did use Nissan data scan ver 1.52 and the EMLight is still flashes-the error code which I'm getting is E3 the car has started this errorwith 3 times witch it will not fire,,there is an options of restting the ECU and it will fire ok, but few turn on -off engine the same thing happen,do I have to go to Nissan dealer?-is it writting the key code will fix it, becuase the other Nissan programme it said error 143 no discription-is it some thing with the TB? or I have to write the code to the ecu ? when I switch off the engine and change the position of the key when it gose to ignition barral it will start ok-Please advice,, thank you all

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
I did change the fuse box all togather(the one of the injecters fuse holder was broken-and the LH light fuse was melted) and still the EMLight is in disco mode-first when I start the engine I put the swithch on-on position for more than 3 second it will start flashes-then it will not fire the engine,, I took out the key and change the position of the switch it will fire ok the EMLight will sometimes disappear
now the EMLight come all the time but the car is starting ok-and that thing is still in the Disco mode
any idea?
Thanks

Back