Engine management light...pls HELP!!! MICRA 97

CMF_ra100slav

» CMF Member
Plese does enybody know what should be problem??? When I want to start my micra (model 97,) engine management light start flashing - I got explanation that this is because of ECU went to lock mode. Really weird is that after several attemps to start engine(remove key/pos1/pos2/ignition) - management light stay ON=everything is OK-, but not everytime. In this case helps disconnect battery overnight&in the morning is againg everything OK. (I have red knob immobilizer key).
Please any ideas what it shoudl be???
Thanx.

CMF_dave jones

» CMF Member
hi iv had the same problem, the problem is eather the immobiliser pick up ring ("antena" located on the ignition barrel) or the the immobiliser chip in the key, try using any other keys you have.

when i had that same problem, switching to my other key sorted it.

failing that take it to your local nissan dealer.

CMF_ra100slav

» CMF Member
Thanx for hint!!! will try to examine pick up ring (the whole barrel is quite rusty & problem begun right after I left car exposed for2weeks to "lovely" Irish weather:)....with 2nd key i have same problem.
Thanx;)

CMF_ra100slav

» CMF Member
looks as I have to go to Nissan...pick up ring has been removed and in spite of that,immobilizer LED went off after attemp to start...of course-management light still blinking

CMF_ra100slav

» CMF Member
after disconnecting battery, I can do 2-3 journeys without any problems.But usually next morning is problem back. Sometimes also happen, that I can not start engine at fist time-after disconnecting battery(light flashing). I have to remove key&start again. 2nd or 3rd attemp will start engine.

Back