Micra Non Starting, Engine light flashing!

CMF_OC Mechanics

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, i have tryed searching your forum but with no luck so i will now explain my problem. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

I have a 1999 micra which will not start.
It cranks over but while your cranking the engine management light flashes.
I've checked the compression which is fine.
I've checked for a spark which is also fine.
I've checked the fuel pump is getting fuel up to the injectors and that is fine.

The problem is that the injectors are not injecting fuel into the cylinders, i have tipped a bit of fuel down the inlet and it starts straight up (until the fuel has burnt up).

I have checked the injector wiring back to the ecu and that is fine so i was pretty sure the problem was the ecu so i sourced a tested secondhand ecu and replaced it.

The car started first turn of the key, then the engine died and the engine mangement light started flashing rapidly again!

If i unplug the ecu and then plug it back in again it will start again and run for about 5 seconds before cutting out and the engine management light will flash rapidly.

Once the light is flashing it will not start anymore.

I'm now thinking it is something to do with the NATS but i haven't any information about testing this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

Oliver Clarke

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
OC Mechanics WROTE:

"Think i have found another thread on this saying that the NATS needs re-programming

I had the same problem. I don't use the NATS keyfobs anymore i just use the ignition key to lock/unlock the car.

I reprogrammed my keyfobs using the micra owner manual guidelines they worked for a while and then didn't work again after that.

To use the ignition key to unlock the car instead of the fobs, first unlock the car using they key fob and then you can open/lock the car using the ignition key and start it normally and the immobiliser shouldn't prevent you from starting the car. It worked for me!

Back