Engine bay Cleaning

Anyone have any recomendations how to make the engine bay (and engine) looks really clean? What do you use? anyone cleaned the head?

there are lots of products to buy for cleaning engines and bays. it depends on a few things tho as to the best ways of doing it. if your engine is stripped its easy - cyl head can go in the dishwasher (just wait till the missus is out). Petrol and a rag will do the bay. we recently did an mx3. i cant remember the stuff we used. it was specifically for cleaning engines - spray on, paintbrush around, spray off with water. came up good. you can use a jetwash as long as you cover any holes and electrics.
ne

i had in the garage about 5 spray bottles of wheel cleaner from JTF, 79p each, sprayed a full one everywhere on the engine then i used some degrease spray, got some mild water/fairy solution made up, carried on spraying, left for about 15 mins then power washed..

looked fantastic when i finished.

I just used some petrol and a toothbrush to clean the rocker head. All these products you buy off the shelf are petrol based basically.

use parrafin, work it into all the dirty spots then steam clean it off, and paint any bits that arent clean.

Back