Cleaning the engine bay

Hi, i'd like to give the engine bay a blitz so i was wondering which is the best way.

I tried the other day with elbow grease, a scouring pad for dishes!, hot water & fairy liquid but didnt get that far, the pads were black within seconds.

I'd rather work around things than take things out the engine.

Would WD40 be sufficient?

Thanks.

i no of one member on here that power washes his engines, cant quite remember who though. he seems to have no problems with this

Insane ;

i have power washed more than 20 Micras engine baysin this way :

tn_DSCF5864_1.JPG

tn_DSCF5863.JPG

using a high pressure poweer washer with some degreaser first and NEVER had any problem whatsoever.
Yes you can spend hours with other methods , covering up the dizzy and god knows what but a 100 % sucess rate of doing it this way has convinced me of nothing is better or faster

I have even washed several of them with the engine running just to show that even that can de done without nothing happens.

Works a treat and gets excellent results.

My engine block used be a mucky brown. firstly i attacked it with sandpaper then appplied lots of engine degreaser and used a wire brush. Repeat this process a couple of times and apply some metal polish and you get my finished result.

Attachments

• PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 259
Back