Emergency Engine wont Start Plz Help

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and have searched many articles to see if I can resolve issue no luck.

Firstly the car is a nissan micra 1.3lx.

The problem has happened a few times before when engine does not start maybe damp or otherwise and have just about started it and have put new spark plugs in now.

The problem now is that when i put it into ignition i can hear the fuel pump work and all lights are on and have checked the headlights and all work so battery seems fine. So once the fuel pump noise is done i try to start but doesnt even turn engine all lights go out and clock and when i bring it back to ignition all lights up again and clock???? any ideas???

shall i try to do the fuel pump fuse procedure for flooding how do you do it properly and also have used wd40 on components.

and another thing is now it will only click once when i turn it on thats it???? ive read sumwhere else that it could be the battery even though the lighst are fully working when switched on?

thanks, im just waiting for my m8 to come so will try to jump start it with a car and also fill with fuel was on reserve but should have enuff anyway, any other ideas why not starting and making the click sound once which is coming from under the bonnet sumwhere?

I've had this on a few Micras, especially facelift ones. Try pushing and jiggling the ignition switch as you turn the key.
Turn the heater fan up full and turn the key. If the fan doesn't switch off it means the starter isn't getting the signal to start. Meaning the ignition switch is on its way out.

working now!!! Was the battery maybe because of the cold weather and damp conditions battery must have frozen up or something but thanks for all those who posted advice!(Y)

working now!!! Was the battery maybe because of the cold weather and damp conditions battery must have frozen up or something but thanks for all those who posted advice!(Y)

mate i had this exact problem just now. i have had it on two of my micras, and it was the crappy battery terminals that nissan fit either coming loose, or breaking slightly, your battery might be working now but i would check that the terminals are tight and not cracked in anyway.

if it fired up ok with a jump, then it sounds like a duff battery to me :eek:

Back