(Electric) window fell...

Hi all,

Was winding my driver's side electric window down yesterday and heard a *clunk*. Looked across and the window had fallen forward so I could just see a corner sticking up! :p

I took the door card off to have a look... but to be honest I haven't really any idea what I'm looking for! It seems that the window keeps coming out of the 'runner' towards the front of the car. When I push it back in, though, there is still a lot of wobble in the window. I.e. I can grab the window and wiggle it all over the place within the frame.

Obviously with all of this play in the window it just keeps coming out of the runner again. I have a feeling it could be something to do with the motor mechanism...

Any ideas to getting my window 'back on track'? :laugh:

Thanks

i had this problem too.

just check if the window is bolted into the regulator. (roll window down and check the bottom of the glass through the door after taking off the card and waterproofing). if its all in place, before putting the window back into the runner, just locate one of the runners (i used the closest to the front of the car) and push pull it towards the back of the car, making the gap between the two runners smaller. Put window back in. should be fine :)

Hope that helps

Attachments

• SDC10059.JPG
    SDC10059.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 2,083
Sorry yeh thats what i meant by checking if the windows bolted on. But i had the same symtoms but it was due to the runners being to far apart

I agree with Frank but...

these windows don't just fall out. It is usually caused by something else. Windows freezing in place and runners coming apart are the usual causes.

What I'd do is while you have the window out get a cotton bud and give the inside of the window runners a good coating with vaseline. This will stop it happening again!

To take the window out...
1. Remove the door trim
2. Carefully prise off the rubber strip on the inside of the door along the bottom edge of the window appeture.
3. Reach into the door and lift the rear edge of the window up so you can grab the back corner out the door with your other hand.
4. CAREFULLY grab the window with both hands and lift it out the door.
5. Wind the window handle down until it is nearly at the bottom. When you can see the plastic window retainers Frank pointed out through the holes in the door thats what your looking for. Unbolt them, lift them out and stick them back in place on the window! Easy!

Thanks for the prompt and informative replies guys :p
Haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but when I had a look a few days ago the runner definately seemed spaced too far apart, and I should imagine the window has come away from the regulator.
I'll try and tackle the window with a tub of vaseline and a tube of epoxy sometime soon :grinning:

Will keep you updated,
Thanks

Just an update as promised.

Had another good look at everything and the 'plastic mount' is still firmly stuck to the window.
It was in fact the regulator that was the culprit. If you imagine it like a pair of scissors, one of the 'blades' of the scissors had come away from both the runner under the window, and another runner bolted to the door. Once both ends were pushed back in place the window started acting like a window again :)

Thanks for the help

The quick fix didn't last long, and it was only a few days until the window came loose again. The round plastic inserts that fit into the runners seem to be very worn, and I suspect this is the cause of my problems.
Hopefully I can source a few of these from Nissan without having to buy the whole assembly!

I had one like this once but rather than fall off, the part of the 'scissors' jammed the broken part against the other and with the power of the motor managed to fracture the partthe motor mounts to!

If you only ned the 'Scissor' part you might be able to salvage something from the cheaper 'wind up' type regulator?

Back